That’s final! Nervy Town count cost
PAUL Attfield remained positive despite seeing his Buntingford Town side lose 1-0 against Hadley in Monday s Herts County League Aubrey Cup Final. Town produced a tired performance and Attfield admitted: We had too many nervous players. We didn t start
PAUL Attfield remained positive despite seeing his Buntingford Town side lose 1-0 against Hadley in Monday's Herts County League Aubrey Cup Final.
Town produced a tired performance and Attfield admitted: "We had too many nervous players.
"We didn't start at a good pace, and when you're playing against a good side it's hard to get into it if you don't start well.
"We only looked like scoring when we played the longer ball in the second half, but if you'd told me at the start of the season we'd finish fourth in the table and reach two finals, I'd have been very happy."
You may also want to watch:
Town have the chance to bounce back on Saturday when they host the Herts Floodlight Cup Final at The Bury, kick-off 3pm.
They will face a Buckhurst Hill side who finished mid-table in the Herts County League Division One. Town defeated them in both meetings last season as they romped to the first division title.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims