That’s final! Nervy Town count cost
PAUL Attfield remained positive despite seeing his Buntingford Town side lose 1-0 against Hadley in Monday s Herts County League Aubrey Cup Final. Town produced a tired performance and Attfield admitted: We had too many nervous players. We didn t start
PAUL Attfield remained positive despite seeing his Buntingford Town side lose 1-0 against Hadley in Monday's Herts County League Aubrey Cup Final.
Town produced a tired performance and Attfield admitted: "We had too many nervous players.
"We didn't start at a good pace, and when you're playing against a good side it's hard to get into it if you don't start well.
"We only looked like scoring when we played the longer ball in the second half, but if you'd told me at the start of the season we'd finish fourth in the table and reach two finals, I'd have been very happy."
You may also want to watch:
Town have the chance to bounce back on Saturday when they host the Herts Floodlight Cup Final at The Bury, kick-off 3pm.
They will face a Buckhurst Hill side who finished mid-table in the Herts County League Division One. Town defeated them in both meetings last season as they romped to the first division title.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended