Tewin fro! Aylieff clinches victory
STILL in search of their first win of the season Reed seconds lost by two wickets to Tewin. Reed opener Matt Bowles edged to gully after only three balls, and Stuart Smith (10) ran himself out in somewhat bizarre circumstances with the score on 25. Ben B
STILL in search of their first win of the season Reed seconds lost by two wickets to Tewin.
Reed opener Matt Bowles edged to gully after only three balls, and Stuart Smith (10) ran himself out in somewhat bizarre circumstances with the score on 25.
Ben Bowles was playing magnificently, when he top-edged spinner Smith to fine leg on 42.
But Chris Shorrock reached a well-deserved half century, before succumbing to a contentious stumping decision while on 53.
You may also want to watch:
A superb eighth wicket partnership between Dale Shepherd (39) and Jim Allsopp (44) took Reed's score to 241.
In reply, Shepherd trapped Taylor lbw for three. But a century stand between Allen (86) and Holroyd (35) looked to have put Tewin in a comfortable position.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Jason Archer and Richard Robertson swung the game back in Reed's favour, with Archer bowling Holroyd, and Robertson removing Staverly-Smith.
Then when Robertson removed Allen, Reed looked in control.
However, Tewin's Aylieff edged them to within 10 runs of the Reed total with three overs left.
A sharp run out by Ben Bowles offered Reed a glimmer of hope, but Aylieff saw Tewin home with an over to spare on 242-8, and gave them the maximum 30 points.