Tewin fro! Aylieff clinches victory
STILL in search of their first win of the season Reed seconds lost by two wickets to Tewin. Reed opener Matt Bowles edged to gully after only three balls, and Stuart Smith (10) ran himself out in somewhat bizarre circumstances with the score on 25. Ben B
STILL in search of their first win of the season Reed seconds lost by two wickets to Tewin.
Reed opener Matt Bowles edged to gully after only three balls, and Stuart Smith (10) ran himself out in somewhat bizarre circumstances with the score on 25.
Ben Bowles was playing magnificently, when he top-edged spinner Smith to fine leg on 42.
But Chris Shorrock reached a well-deserved half century, before succumbing to a contentious stumping decision while on 53.
You may also want to watch:
A superb eighth wicket partnership between Dale Shepherd (39) and Jim Allsopp (44) took Reed's score to 241.
In reply, Shepherd trapped Taylor lbw for three. But a century stand between Allen (86) and Holroyd (35) looked to have put Tewin in a comfortable position.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Jason Archer and Richard Robertson swung the game back in Reed's favour, with Archer bowling Holroyd, and Robertson removing Staverly-Smith.
Then when Robertson removed Allen, Reed looked in control.
However, Tewin's Aylieff edged them to within 10 runs of the Reed total with three overs left.
A sharp run out by Ben Bowles offered Reed a glimmer of hope, but Aylieff saw Tewin home with an over to spare on 242-8, and gave them the maximum 30 points.