Terrific Blues seal semi-final spot
Stevenage Town Youth Blues 3 BSCFC Blues 6 Under-14s League Cup quarter-finalAGAINST a team fifth place in the First Division, the Blues of Stortford played their way through to the League Cup semi-finals. Thirteen minutes into the game the visitors took
Stevenage Town Youth Blues 3 BSCFC Blues 6
Under-14s League Cup quarter-final
AGAINST a team fifth place in the First Division, the Blues of Stortford played their way through to the League Cup semi-finals.
Thirteen minutes into the game the visitors took the lead when Greg Harrison stroked the ball home from the six yard box.
You may also want to watch:
At this stage Stevenage had no answer to the five-man midfield of Clarry Williams, Harry Synowski, Connor Gypps, Harrison and Matt Wheeler with Synowski in particular passing his way around them.
The midfielder set up Jordan Sanderson to make it two on 20 minutes and almost got on the scoresheet himself but for a terrific one-handed save from the home 'keeper.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The hosts pulled a goal back from three yards after a neatly worked corner but the Blues were not to be found wanting and five minutes later Sanderson hit the his side's third from close range to restore their two goal lead.
During an inexplicably long period of additional time Blues then cemented their lead with a fine goal from a corner. Synowski hit a fine corner and Albie McCabe arrived from nowhere to thunder the ball home with his head.
After the break Sanderson sealed a fine hat-trick who smashed the ball home after hit had been deflected towards him from a Wheeler cross but the hosts, who are a fine passing side, pulled two goals back to make this more of a contest.
As the time ticked on Jordan Powles won a 50-50 challenge before beating another Stevenage player and hitting a 30-yard screamer into the top corner.
It was a real beauty, and a fine way to finish off the game.
BSCFC Blues squad: Baiss, Cox, McCabe, Powles, Almond, Williams, Synowski, Gypps, Wheeler, Harrison, Sanderson, Redcliffe, Gale.