Tennis club pick up prizes
ROYSTON Tennis Club picked up four trophies at the Cambridgeshire and District League AGM this month. The ladies won Division Three of the 2008 winter league and were promoted to Division Two this year, the under-13s first and second teams won Division O
ROYSTON Tennis Club picked up four trophies at the Cambridgeshire and District League AGM this month.
The ladies won Division Three of the 2008 winter league and were promoted to Division Two this year, the under-13s' first and second teams won Division One and Two so both will play in Division One next summer and the under-16 team won Division Four and will be promoted to Division Three.
The Winter League matches continued this month with the ladies team of Christine Knight, Pru Burton, Caroline McCormick and Kathy Betts beating Cambridge III away 6-2, but two of the men's first team matches were postponed due to the weather.
The mixed team were able to fulfil their fixture and the first team line-up of Pru Burton, Andy Holmes, Roger Maybury and Christine Knight scored a resounding 8-0 win away to Burwell, however the mixed seconds of David and Sue Addison, Karin Lambert and Garry Tobiss lost in a close match 5-3 at home to Great Shelford seconds.
You may also want to watch:
The junior under-16s team of Sam Tobiss and John Middlemass were a man down due to illness and unfortunately lost 2-1 to Hertford at home.
Full details of all club membership, times and matches can be found on the club's website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town