Ten men reserves draw
Biggleswade Town Res 0 Royston Town Res 0 ROYSTON'S reserves played out a goalless draw against Biggleswade in a top-of-the-table clash of few chances. With no real goal threats from either side, much of this contest was fought out in the midfield area o
Biggleswade Town Res 0 Royston Town Res 0
ROYSTON'S reserves played out a goalless draw against Biggleswade in a top-of-the-table clash of few chances.
With no real goal threats from either side, much of this contest was fought out in the midfield area of the pitch with both Mark Saunders and Chris Morriss acquitting themselves well.
Once again the Crows showcased some of the under-18 players with Dan Scott being the latest player to make his debut for the team, but it was the experience of Royston's long serving players which made the difference.
Both skipper Mark Roach and club stalwart Chris Geldart worked their socks off to thwart Biggleswade's attacks.
Royston finished the game with 10 men after a freak clash of heads led to Scot Crosk going off injured, but ironically being a man down spurred the visitors on and as the game progressed they looked the more likely to score.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Neither team was able to get a winner, and the game fizzled out to a 0-0 draw.
Skipper Mark Roach said: "We are well pleased with this result. To go down to 10 men away from home a get a point is a fantastic achievement".