Ten-man Leopards beat Stortford
Michael Luscome voted man of the match
Bishop’s Stortford Northolt 0
Knebworth Youth Leopards 2
Under-18s Division One
Knebworth travelled to Bishop’s Stortford for this clash with 10 men.
The high-tempo suited Knebworth and within the first 10 minutes the ball was in the Stortford net, followed a few minutes later with a brilliant ball from Chris Thornton in to Jake McKie whose precision kick made it 2-0 to the Leopards.
After a 30 minute pounding in their own half, the home team started to respond and won several corners which keeper Sam Bysouth punched clear time and time again, and a loose ball off the line was cleared by Jordan Borrie.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Half time and Knebworth were 2-0 up, but with 10 men this was going to be a challenge of endurance.
With Chris Thornton working hard for every ball in the midfield, and Craig Stout running with Liam Cleverdon down the left wing, Knebworth kept creating chances, but as legs became tired it was the Knebworth back four who out performed,
Scott Gibbs, and Michael Luscome did some amazing sliding challenges and once Rhami was on a run there was no stopping him, several times making good crosses into the strikers.
Knebworth worked hard until the end in a game where both teams kept breaking through in the second half, but with no further goals Knebworth took the three points.
Michael Luscome was voted man-of-the-match.