Templars pay late penalty in thriller
Baldock Templars U-11 5 Letchworth GCE 6 LETCHWORTH grabbed the points with a last-minute penalty in this 11-goal thriller. Baldock suffered early as top scorer Jordan Massey left the pitch injured and Letchworth opened the scoring after nine minutes. B
Baldock Templars U-11 5 Letchworth GCE 6
LETCHWORTH grabbed the points with a last-minute penalty in this 11-goal thriller.
Baldock suffered early as top scorer Jordan Massey left the pitch injured and Letchworth opened the scoring after nine minutes.
Baldock hit back quickly as a Daniel Nicholson shot was stopped on the line by a Letchworth hand.
You may also want to watch:
Although Connor Gray's resulting penalty was saved by the Letchworth keeper, he could not hold the ball and William Budd followed up to bring Baldock deservedly level.
Then another run down the wing by Nicholson and a good cross found Connor Doyle to give Baldock the lead after 20 minutes.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Bloomsday group's post-lockdown gathering to celebrate Joyce novel
Letchworth hit straight back two minutes later to level the game.
It took Baldock less than a minute to respond again, a Mark Rogers shot deflected into the Letchworth net to make it 3-2.
Four minutes into first-half injury time Letchworth again drew level.
Baldock's player of the match Alex Taylor made a fine save at the start of the second half, and then Nicholson popped up to put Baldock ahead again.
But two minutes later Letchworth equalised.
Midway through the second half Rogers' cross was met by Matthew Judges to restore Baldock's lead.
But within five minutes Letchworth had drawn level once more.
With a minute of normal time left Letchworth won a penalty as their striker was tugged back in the area, and sealed victory with no time for Baldock to respond again.