Templars pay late penalty in thriller
Baldock Templars U-11 5 Letchworth GCE 6 LETCHWORTH grabbed the points with a last-minute penalty in this 11-goal thriller. Baldock suffered early as top scorer Jordan Massey left the pitch injured and Letchworth opened the scoring after nine minutes. B
Baldock Templars U-11 5 Letchworth GCE 6
LETCHWORTH grabbed the points with a last-minute penalty in this 11-goal thriller.
Baldock suffered early as top scorer Jordan Massey left the pitch injured and Letchworth opened the scoring after nine minutes.
Baldock hit back quickly as a Daniel Nicholson shot was stopped on the line by a Letchworth hand.
You may also want to watch:
Although Connor Gray's resulting penalty was saved by the Letchworth keeper, he could not hold the ball and William Budd followed up to bring Baldock deservedly level.
Then another run down the wing by Nicholson and a good cross found Connor Doyle to give Baldock the lead after 20 minutes.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Letchworth hit straight back two minutes later to level the game.
It took Baldock less than a minute to respond again, a Mark Rogers shot deflected into the Letchworth net to make it 3-2.
Four minutes into first-half injury time Letchworth again drew level.
Baldock's player of the match Alex Taylor made a fine save at the start of the second half, and then Nicholson popped up to put Baldock ahead again.
But two minutes later Letchworth equalised.
Midway through the second half Rogers' cross was met by Matthew Judges to restore Baldock's lead.
But within five minutes Letchworth had drawn level once more.
With a minute of normal time left Letchworth won a penalty as their striker was tugged back in the area, and sealed victory with no time for Baldock to respond again.