Templars are held in eight-goal thriller
BALDOCK Town Youth Templars under-12s entertained Pin Green Juniors in Division 2 with the sides settling for a 4-4 draw. And the home side were left stunned when Pin Green grabbed two goals within the first five minutes, but when Jordan Massey pulled a
BALDOCK Town Youth Templars under-12s entertained Pin Green Juniors in Division 2 with the sides settling for a 4-4 draw.
And the home side were left stunned when Pin Green grabbed two goals within the first five minutes, but when Jordan Massey pulled a goal back from George Higginson's cross - it was game on.
Massey then returned the favour to set up man-of-the-match Higginson and the two teams were level inside 15 minutes.
However, two minutes later Pin Green were back in front with Baldock responding with an immediate equaliser courtesy of another Higginson strike.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors made it 4-3 after 20 minutes soon after, in an entertaining end-to-end game.
And when Baldock were awarded a free kick on the stroke of half-time, Matthew Judges fired home to make it 4-4.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The second half was far more sedate, with both teams seemingly wearing themselves out. Pin Green were denied a winner, with William Budd clearing off the line.
And Baldock had a chance with Alex Close forcing the Pin Green keeper into a magnificent save with five minutes left.