Teen-acious Dalton the late hero

Linton Aztecs 3 JM Metals 4 A LATE goal from teenager Dalton O'Brien gave JM the points on Sunday. Metals got off to a slow start, conceding an early goal. Midway through the first half, they drew level when Paul Stokes latched on to a through ball from

Linton Aztecs 3 JM Metals 4 A LATE goal from teenager Dalton O'Brien gave JM the points on Sunday. Metals got off to a slow start, conceding an early goal. Midway through the first half, they drew level when Paul Stokes latched on to a through ball from Van Der Merwe to slide it past the keeper. Before the break, Linton scored two quick goals and ended the half 3-1 up. Metals come out much the stronger in the second half, scoring early on when Adam Stokes emphatically finished from a through ball from Paul Stokes. With 20 minutes left, Metals levelled the scores when Adam Stokes capitalised on some poor defending. Linton pushed forward and Metals' defence, with goalkeeper David Coughlin in fine form, kept the scores level. With five minutes remaining, Adam Stokes swung in a free-kick that was headed home by 17-year-old O'Brien to put Metals back at the top of the league. Royston & Diamonds 1 Teversham Hotspurs 4 A FINE Diamonds performance was not reflected in the scoreline, on Sunday. Teversham, already confirmed champions of the Tucker Gardner Partnership Alliance Division Two, put out an organised and physical team. Diamonds started brightly, quashing any Teversham advances and producing some neat passing football despite the muddy conditions. As half-time approached, a mix-up in defence left a Teversham striker through on goal. Although captain and stand-in keeper Ian Burt did well to block the initial attempt, the ball rebounded kindly for a striker to slot the ball home. Shortly after, for the second time in consecutive weeks, Diamonds were subjected to a fierce long-range effort that flew into the top of the net. But an instant reply came when Euan Beynon tapped the ball home following a Darryl Braid flick-on from a corner. Teversham went close early in the second half but were thwarted by keeper Burt. Diamonds managed some good pressure on their opponents' goal. Jon Mansfield looked dangerous on the right and Jay Leatherland could have equalised from just inside the box. Beynon appeared to be fouled in the area but the referee decided otherwise. It was late in the game when Teversham put away the third and fourth goals and Diamonds knew the scoreline did not do justice to their whole-hearted performance. Litlington Reserves 5 Papworth Reserves 1 LITLINGTON maintained pole position at the top of BIS League Division 5A after an impressive win over mid-table Papworth. Paul Harris scored twice as Litlington put the disappointing results of the last two weeks behind them. Litlington started the game strongly and dominated early play, James Evans could have put Litlington in command but he failed to hit the target three times in quick succession. The deadlock was broken just before half-time when Harris latched on to Jamie Smith's through ball and smashed a volley past the Papworth keeper. The second half started in similar fashion but this time Harris turned provider. He chased a lost cause and was able to cross the ball for Smith to tap into an empty net. Clive Lees then headed Litlington's third from a corner and Harris scored his second after beating the offside trap. Afser Choudary completed the scoring with an excellent low header. The ball had deflected off Harris but Choudhury was giving the credit for his first goal of the season. Papworth scored a late consolation penalty. Great Chishill 2 Hardwick Reserves 3 BEFORE this match, Chishill had been the only team to beat Hardwick in the league this season, and they came close to upsetting the leaders again. It has been frustrating for Chishill this season, only seeming able to perform well against stronger sides. It was the case again as Peter Jackson gave the hosts an early lead, tucking in the corner from Steve McGee's pass. Hardwick responded well and equalised with a cross-shot that went in off the woodwork, and took the lead as Chishill failed to clear a long throw into the area. The hosts did well to survive the growing pressure but held out until they found an equaliser before half-time, McGee converting a penalty after being fouled. Hardwick enjoyed most of the pressure again early in the second half, but as Chishill's defence continued to deny them, it looked like the hosts might pinch a victory. McGee had several chances with shots on goal but failed to really test the keeper. Another long throw was then volleyed in at the back post as the away side edged in front again. After that, the ball spent most of the time in Hardwick's area as Chishill laid siege to Hardwick's goal. As they went forward in numbers, holes in the defence meant Ian Gallagher had to tip over a lob and Hardwick also hit the bar. Russell Drury had a left-foot shot tipped wide in the dying minutes and in injury time Oli Gardiner was the only player not in the opposition box as even Gallagher came up for a corner but, unfortunately for Chishill, the equaliser did not come.