Teemal leads the way to victory
ROYSTON Table Tennis Club returned to NHTTA action this week, although they experienced mixed results in the process. There was success for the club in Division Two, with three singles from Andy Teemal, and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg addi
ROYSTON Table Tennis Club returned to NHTTA action this week, although they experienced mixed results in the process.
There was success for the club in Division Two, with three singles from Andy Teemal, and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg adding to Lugg and Teemal's double win, to give the D team a comfortable 8-2 victory over Broadway Musketeers.
And the C team also returned to winning ways with a 6-4 win over Arto's TTC B, courtesy of two singles apiece from Terry Bailey, Gordon Barnes, and Haydn Gowan.
In Division Three the E team did well to secure a 5-5 draw with league leaders Bedwell H.
You may also want to watch:
Fred Bendall won his two singles and the doubles alongside Barry Sharp who also took one single, with Nathan Hutchings adding the other point.
However, in Division One the B team went down to a disappointing 6-4 defeat at Bedwell C, with Martyn Symms taking two singles wins, and Yuci Gou and Alf Mills adding the other two points.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 5 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
And in the Premier Division, a depleted A team, missing Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman, lost 8-2 to Arto's TTC, with John Manley and Mike Malone winning their singles matches.