Teemal leads the way to victory
ROYSTON Table Tennis Club returned to NHTTA action this week, although they experienced mixed results in the process. There was success for the club in Division Two, with three singles from Andy Teemal, and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg addi
ROYSTON Table Tennis Club returned to NHTTA action this week, although they experienced mixed results in the process.
There was success for the club in Division Two, with three singles from Andy Teemal, and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg adding to Lugg and Teemal's double win, to give the D team a comfortable 8-2 victory over Broadway Musketeers.
And the C team also returned to winning ways with a 6-4 win over Arto's TTC B, courtesy of two singles apiece from Terry Bailey, Gordon Barnes, and Haydn Gowan.
In Division Three the E team did well to secure a 5-5 draw with league leaders Bedwell H.
Fred Bendall won his two singles and the doubles alongside Barry Sharp who also took one single, with Nathan Hutchings adding the other point.
However, in Division One the B team went down to a disappointing 6-4 defeat at Bedwell C, with Martyn Symms taking two singles wins, and Yuci Gou and Alf Mills adding the other two points.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
And in the Premier Division, a depleted A team, missing Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman, lost 8-2 to Arto's TTC, with John Manley and Mike Malone winning their singles matches.