Teemal leads the way to victory
ROYSTON Table Tennis Club returned to NHTTA action this week, although they experienced mixed results in the process. There was success for the club in Division Two, with three singles from Andy Teemal, and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg addi
ROYSTON Table Tennis Club returned to NHTTA action this week, although they experienced mixed results in the process.
There was success for the club in Division Two, with three singles from Andy Teemal, and two each from Derek Clark and Julian Lugg adding to Lugg and Teemal's double win, to give the D team a comfortable 8-2 victory over Broadway Musketeers.
And the C team also returned to winning ways with a 6-4 win over Arto's TTC B, courtesy of two singles apiece from Terry Bailey, Gordon Barnes, and Haydn Gowan.
In Division Three the E team did well to secure a 5-5 draw with league leaders Bedwell H.
You may also want to watch:
Fred Bendall won his two singles and the doubles alongside Barry Sharp who also took one single, with Nathan Hutchings adding the other point.
However, in Division One the B team went down to a disappointing 6-4 defeat at Bedwell C, with Martyn Symms taking two singles wins, and Yuci Gou and Alf Mills adding the other two points.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
And in the Premier Division, a depleted A team, missing Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman, lost 8-2 to Arto's TTC, with John Manley and Mike Malone winning their singles matches.