Teamwork the key for Ashwell
There was joy for Ashwell, who were crowned Cambs Junior League Division Two champions after beating Steeple Morden. Vice captain Jonathan Merrell said: We were always confident we could do well this year after coming second last time round. We ve got a
There was joy for Ashwell, who were crowned Cambs Junior League Division Two champions after beating Steeple Morden.
Vice captain Jonathan Merrell said: "We were always confident we could do well this year after coming second last time round. We've got a strong side and everyone contributed to our title.
"Tim Moynihan has been very influential as captain, getting us organised and making sure everyone is available. Gary Simmons has had a great season too, taking 20 wickets at eight apiece and averaging over 50 with the bat."
Merrell joked: "Maybe we will organise an open-top bus tour of Ashwell to celebrate!"
You may also want to watch:
nBuntingford second team clinched the Herts and Essex Cricket League Division Six title by beating Matching Green.
Skipper Colin Chambers says he expects his side to cope with promotion to division five comfortably.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
He said: "It's not a huge step up and I think we'll hold our own.
"There are a few quality teams there but we should be more than a match for them.
"It's been a real team effort this season, but two players who have performed particularly well are Steve Baker and John Clements, who scored a century on Saturday.