Teams get off to a flier
ROYSTON Tennis Club got off to a flying start with a series of wins at the weekend. Juniors Nathan O Looney, Gus Rees, Emily Griffin, and Jess Hughes all played well and helped Royston defeat a team from Letchworth in their first away match of the season
ROYSTON Tennis Club got off to a flying start with a series of wins at the weekend. Juniors Nathan O'Looney, Gus Rees, Emily Griffin, and Jess Hughes all played well and helped Royston defeat a team from Letchworth in their first away match of the season.
In the adult section Gary Tobiss, Ralph Betts and Peter and John Goodbody also secured victories in their matches away to Bar Hill, sealing the points with a 5-3 win.
The ladies team also managed a 5-3 win in their game against Ely, with Pru Burton, Christine Kinght, Jill Birch, and Kathy Betts racking up the points.
After Melbourn Tennis Club disbanded a number of their players have moved to Royston, and as a result the club will be playing more than 35 matches in all competitions this season.
For more information and season details visit the website www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community