Teams get off to a flier
ROYSTON Tennis Club got off to a flying start with a series of wins at the weekend. Juniors Nathan O Looney, Gus Rees, Emily Griffin, and Jess Hughes all played well and helped Royston defeat a team from Letchworth in their first away match of the season
ROYSTON Tennis Club got off to a flying start with a series of wins at the weekend. Juniors Nathan O'Looney, Gus Rees, Emily Griffin, and Jess Hughes all played well and helped Royston defeat a team from Letchworth in their first away match of the season.
In the adult section Gary Tobiss, Ralph Betts and Peter and John Goodbody also secured victories in their matches away to Bar Hill, sealing the points with a 5-3 win.
The ladies team also managed a 5-3 win in their game against Ely, with Pru Burton, Christine Kinght, Jill Birch, and Kathy Betts racking up the points.
After Melbourn Tennis Club disbanded a number of their players have moved to Royston, and as a result the club will be playing more than 35 matches in all competitions this season.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and season details visit the website www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station