Teams get off to a flier
ROYSTON Tennis Club got off to a flying start with a series of wins at the weekend. Juniors Nathan O Looney, Gus Rees, Emily Griffin, and Jess Hughes all played well and helped Royston defeat a team from Letchworth in their first away match of the season
ROYSTON Tennis Club got off to a flying start with a series of wins at the weekend. Juniors Nathan O'Looney, Gus Rees, Emily Griffin, and Jess Hughes all played well and helped Royston defeat a team from Letchworth in their first away match of the season.
In the adult section Gary Tobiss, Ralph Betts and Peter and John Goodbody also secured victories in their matches away to Bar Hill, sealing the points with a 5-3 win.
The ladies team also managed a 5-3 win in their game against Ely, with Pru Burton, Christine Kinght, Jill Birch, and Kathy Betts racking up the points.
After Melbourn Tennis Club disbanded a number of their players have moved to Royston, and as a result the club will be playing more than 35 matches in all competitions this season.
You may also want to watch:
For more information and season details visit the website www.royston-tennis.co.uk
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?