Tannery Drift beat Roman Way
A SQUAD of 12 pupils from Tannery Drift took to the field for their first competitive tag rugby match of the school year and proved to hot to handle for Roman Way. Tannery opened up an early lead and never looked back, ending the match winners by 24 tries
A SQUAD of 12 pupils from Tannery Drift took to the field for their first competitive tag rugby match of the school year and proved to hot to handle for Roman Way.
Tannery opened up an early lead and never looked back, ending the match winners by 24 tries to 11.
Good team work, a blend of efficient attack and defence, and a great attitude were combined with speed and fitness as many members of the Tannery team ran over tries.
Jack Davis (Year 4) was regularly too fast for the opposition defence and Ellie Payne (Year 3) in her debut match was particularly effective flying down the wing.
You may also want to watch:
For their part Roman Way produced a strong team and managed some excellent play.
Of particular note for Roman Way was Daniel (Year 4), who mixed powerful attacking play with good defensive awareness and showed a natural flair for the game.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
Non playing members of the Tannery Tag Rugby Club also attended the match at Roman Way to offer their support, and all children involved are looking forward to participating in the return fixture at Tannery Drift in the New Year.
Tannery Drift: Davis, Green, Evans, Roberts, Worsey, Kennewell, Stevens, Gwyther, Naxton, Payne, Mills and Cooney.