Take a seat! Crows fans in the comfort zone
IN an attempt to preserve their ground grading, Royston Town have launched a campaign to install 250 fixed plastic seats into their stand to provide improved comfort for spectators. Club president Alan Barlow, pictured, said: What we are asking for is
IN an attempt to preserve their ground grading, Royston Town have launched a campaign to install 250 fixed plastic seats into their stand to provide improved comfort for spectators.
Club president Alan Barlow, pictured, said: "What we are asking for is for individuals, organisations and companies to sponsor a seat.
"In return they will have exclusive use of the seat, and recognition for their contribution on a sponsors' board in the stand and on the club's new website, which will be launched shortly.
"The sponsorship does not include any ground admission charges."
You may also want to watch:
The campaign is part of the club's commitment to maintaining their ground grading ahead of next season.
Individual seats will cost £25 each, while a block of four will cost £90.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
Alternatively a block of 10 seats will cost £200.
Mr Barlow said: "It's a great idea and hopefully we'll fill all the seats for next season.
"We're looking at ways we can continue our ground grading and this will be a nice touch."
Fans can sponsor their seats at: firstname.lastname@example.org