Take a seat! Crows fans in the comfort zone
IN an attempt to preserve their ground grading, Royston Town have launched a campaign to install 250 fixed plastic seats into their stand to provide improved comfort for spectators. Club president Alan Barlow, pictured, said: What we are asking for is
IN an attempt to preserve their ground grading, Royston Town have launched a campaign to install 250 fixed plastic seats into their stand to provide improved comfort for spectators.
Club president Alan Barlow, pictured, said: "What we are asking for is for individuals, organisations and companies to sponsor a seat.
"In return they will have exclusive use of the seat, and recognition for their contribution on a sponsors' board in the stand and on the club's new website, which will be launched shortly.
"The sponsorship does not include any ground admission charges."
The campaign is part of the club's commitment to maintaining their ground grading ahead of next season.
Individual seats will cost £25 each, while a block of four will cost £90.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 6 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
Alternatively a block of 10 seats will cost £200.
Mr Barlow said: "It's a great idea and hopefully we'll fill all the seats for next season.
"We're looking at ways we can continue our ground grading and this will be a nice touch."
Fans can sponsor their seats at: firstname.lastname@example.org