Take a seat! Crows fans in the comfort zone
IN an attempt to preserve their ground grading, Royston Town have launched a campaign to install 250 fixed plastic seats into their stand to provide improved comfort for spectators. Club president Alan Barlow, pictured, said: What we are asking for is
IN an attempt to preserve their ground grading, Royston Town have launched a campaign to install 250 fixed plastic seats into their stand to provide improved comfort for spectators.
Club president Alan Barlow, pictured, said: "What we are asking for is for individuals, organisations and companies to sponsor a seat.
"In return they will have exclusive use of the seat, and recognition for their contribution on a sponsors' board in the stand and on the club's new website, which will be launched shortly.
"The sponsorship does not include any ground admission charges."
You may also want to watch:
The campaign is part of the club's commitment to maintaining their ground grading ahead of next season.
Individual seats will cost £25 each, while a block of four will cost £90.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Alternatively a block of 10 seats will cost £200.
Mr Barlow said: "It's a great idea and hopefully we'll fill all the seats for next season.
"We're looking at ways we can continue our ground grading and this will be a nice touch."
Fans can sponsor their seats at: firstname.lastname@example.org