Tailenders cling on
Royston v NCI IT was another below par Royston performance as they scraped a draw with NCI in a league encounter. They started off bright as Richard Temple had NCI opener Chauhan lbw for 0 with only the second ball of the innings. Then fellow opener Gree
Royston v NCI
IT was another below par Royston performance as they scraped a draw with NCI in a league encounter.
They started off bright as Richard Temple had NCI opener Chauhan lbw for 0 with only the second ball of the innings. Then fellow opener Greening was dismissed after being bowled for 6, leaving his team 21 for 2 and Royston in an optimistic mood.
However, Royston's back-up bowling started to struggle and thanks largely to a number of dropped catches, NCI reached 116-5 after 28 overs.
You may also want to watch:
A rapid 56 from number eight batsman Gammage, meant NCI finished on 221 for 8 off their 48 overs.
In reply, Royston made a reasonable start, reaching 31 for 0 off the first five overs of the innings. But their batting unfortunately collapsed and they were soon on 68 for 5, as good bowling, run outs and reckless shot-making took its toll.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
At 125-8, all hope had seemingly gone for the home side, with only Simon Seabrook and Richard Temple left to bat out the remaining six overs of the innings. However, they rose to the challenge and helped Royston reach 143-8.