Tactical switch does the trick for Royston Celtic Whites
Under-12 Division One Royston Celtic Whites 2 Bedwell Rangers Reds 0 CELTIC dominated their opponents once more with the best chances in the first half falling to Justin Leavers and James Rushton who both hit the bar. The back four of Lorcan George, Jack
Under-12 Division One
Royston Celtic Whites 2 Bedwell Rangers Reds 0
CELTIC dominated their opponents once more with the best chances in the first half falling to Justin Leavers and James Rushton who both hit the bar.
The back four of Lorcan George, Jack Mills, Callum Pinner and Eamon Henderson were so strong and any thing they did miss was cleaned up by Robbie Ponting who made two or three great saves as this back five recorded their seventh clean sheet in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The midfield of George Bailey, Rushton, Justin Leavers and Ben Webb gave good protection and Rhys Westbury and Richard Jonas held the ball up well.
Bedwell are no mugs and played some good football but could not cope with the pace and strength of Celtic.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The second half was much the same with Pinner very strong in the air and Mills playing the sweeper roll to perfection.
George and Henderson gave the Bedwell strikers no time on the ball but Westbury and Jonas kept pressing with out success.
A great tactical change from the manager proved to be the turning point. Leavers was moved up front with Jonas switching to right midfield.
Bailey played a great ball through and Leavers' pace and strength left three defenders behind and one-on-one with the 'keeper he slotted the ball in to the bottom corner.
Celtic doubled their lead when Bailey, again, used his great skill to beat three players and as he was tackled the ball fell to Jonas who shot into the corner from twenty yards out giving the 'keeper no chance.
A special mention must go the substitutes Tom McGlynn, Edward Atkins and Joseph Rydon who did not get to play but train hard and are an important part of this team.
Team: R Ponting, R Westbury, J Mills, C Pinner, J Leavers, E Henderson, L George, R Jonas, G Bailey, B Webb, J Ruston.
Subs: E Atkins, T McGlynn, J Rydon.