Tactical switch does the trick for Royston Celtic Whites
Under-12 Division One Royston Celtic Whites 2 Bedwell Rangers Reds 0 CELTIC dominated their opponents once more with the best chances in the first half falling to Justin Leavers and James Rushton who both hit the bar. The back four of Lorcan George, Jack
Under-12 Division One
Royston Celtic Whites 2 Bedwell Rangers Reds 0
CELTIC dominated their opponents once more with the best chances in the first half falling to Justin Leavers and James Rushton who both hit the bar.
The back four of Lorcan George, Jack Mills, Callum Pinner and Eamon Henderson were so strong and any thing they did miss was cleaned up by Robbie Ponting who made two or three great saves as this back five recorded their seventh clean sheet in all competitions.
You may also want to watch:
The midfield of George Bailey, Rushton, Justin Leavers and Ben Webb gave good protection and Rhys Westbury and Richard Jonas held the ball up well.
Bedwell are no mugs and played some good football but could not cope with the pace and strength of Celtic.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
The second half was much the same with Pinner very strong in the air and Mills playing the sweeper roll to perfection.
George and Henderson gave the Bedwell strikers no time on the ball but Westbury and Jonas kept pressing with out success.
A great tactical change from the manager proved to be the turning point. Leavers was moved up front with Jonas switching to right midfield.
Bailey played a great ball through and Leavers' pace and strength left three defenders behind and one-on-one with the 'keeper he slotted the ball in to the bottom corner.
Celtic doubled their lead when Bailey, again, used his great skill to beat three players and as he was tackled the ball fell to Jonas who shot into the corner from twenty yards out giving the 'keeper no chance.
A special mention must go the substitutes Tom McGlynn, Edward Atkins and Joseph Rydon who did not get to play but train hard and are an important part of this team.
Team: R Ponting, R Westbury, J Mills, C Pinner, J Leavers, E Henderson, L George, R Jonas, G Bailey, B Webb, J Ruston.
Subs: E Atkins, T McGlynn, J Rydon.