Table tennis - The pain goes on for Royston
Last week s NHTTA League results provided only marginal improvement for Royston Table Tennis Club teams. Once again the senior teams lost, but both managed to put some points on the board. A single each for Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman in the A teams P
Last week's NHTTA League results provided only marginal improvement for Royston Table Tennis Club teams.
Once again the senior teams lost, but both managed to put some points on the board.
A single each for Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman in the A teams Premier League 8-2 defeat against Bedwell AVC and two singles for Mike Malone as the B team went down by the same score at Bedwell C in Division One.
The C team are the only unbeaten team as they managed a 5-5 draw against Bedwell F in Division Two thanks to two singles apiece from Derek Clark and Abigail Moore and one from Terry Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three Barry Sharp was the star for the D team winning all his singles and the doubles with Fred Bendall who also won one single as they too earned a 5-5 draw against Christchurch C.
In the first round of the Cup Competitions played the previous week the A, B and C teams received byes so the only match was in the Division Three Henderson Cup where a single each from Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp was not enough to prevent a 5-2 defeat by Bedwell G.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Covid jabs update: 'Bring us closer to freedom' plea