Table tennis - The pain goes on for Royston
Last week s NHTTA League results provided only marginal improvement for Royston Table Tennis Club teams. Once again the senior teams lost, but both managed to put some points on the board. A single each for Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman in the A teams P
Last week's NHTTA League results provided only marginal improvement for Royston Table Tennis Club teams.
Once again the senior teams lost, but both managed to put some points on the board.
A single each for Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman in the A teams Premier League 8-2 defeat against Bedwell AVC and two singles for Mike Malone as the B team went down by the same score at Bedwell C in Division One.
The C team are the only unbeaten team as they managed a 5-5 draw against Bedwell F in Division Two thanks to two singles apiece from Derek Clark and Abigail Moore and one from Terry Bailey.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three Barry Sharp was the star for the D team winning all his singles and the doubles with Fred Bendall who also won one single as they too earned a 5-5 draw against Christchurch C.
In the first round of the Cup Competitions played the previous week the A, B and C teams received byes so the only match was in the Division Three Henderson Cup where a single each from Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp was not enough to prevent a 5-2 defeat by Bedwell G.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme