Table tennis - Royston line up final date
Royston had a boost in the NHTTA League, with the semi-finals of the KO Cup competitions, seeing them maintain their hopes of retaining the Division Two McCloughlin Inter Cup, won last year by the D team. Now operating as the C team, they progressed to th
Royston had a boost in the NHTTA League, with the semi-finals of the KO Cup competitions, seeing them maintain their hopes of retaining the Division Two McCloughlin Inter Cup, won last year by the D team.
Now operating as the C team, they progressed to the final with a comfortable 5-2 victory over Green Man D, thanks to two singles each from Terry Bailey and Derek Clark plus one from Abigail Moore.
And their good form continued into last week's league matches with a comprehensive 9-1 success over bottom club Carstock.
Derek Clark and Andy Teemal won all their singles, and the doubles, supported by Terry Bailey's brace.
In Division One the B team also showed good form in earning a 5-5 draw against second-placed Broadway A.
Gordon Barnes and Mike Malone took two singles apiece, and Haydn Gowan one.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 8 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
Barry Sharp's three singles wins for the D team were not enough to avoid a 6-4 defeat at Broadway F, the only other point coming from a Bendall and Sharp doubles victory.
And in the Premier Division the A team were outclassed by leaders Bedwell A, losing 10-0.