Table tennis - Pain continues for Royston
Royston s improved results were not maintained in last week s round of NHTTA league matches with only one success from the four matches played. This was achieved by the D team in Division Three who extended their unbeaten run to five matches with a 10-0
Royston's improved results were not maintained in last week's round of NHTTA league matches with only one success from the four matches played.
This was achieved by the D team in Division Three who extended their unbeaten run to five matches with a 10-0 whitewash of bottom team Green Man G who only had two players.
Fred Bendall, Nathan Hutchings and Barry Sharp each won two singles with the Hutchings/Sharp pairing taking the doubles.
In Division One Haydn Gowan played superbly for the B team to win all three singles but the only support came from Mike Malone with one single success as they lost 6-4 to Bedwell D.
You may also want to watch:
It was the same result for the C team in Division Two, where disappointingly after three wins on the trot, they could manage only two singles apiece from Terry Bailey and Julian Lugg against Broadway E.
There was no change for the A team in the Premier Division where for the third week running they went down 8-2, Dave Bridges and Simon Cockman winning a single each.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside