Table tennis - Pain continues for Royston
Royston s improved results were not maintained in last week s round of NHTTA league matches with only one success from the four matches played. This was achieved by the D team in Division Three who extended their unbeaten run to five matches with a 10-0
Royston's improved results were not maintained in last week's round of NHTTA league matches with only one success from the four matches played.
This was achieved by the D team in Division Three who extended their unbeaten run to five matches with a 10-0 whitewash of bottom team Green Man G who only had two players.
Fred Bendall, Nathan Hutchings and Barry Sharp each won two singles with the Hutchings/Sharp pairing taking the doubles.
In Division One Haydn Gowan played superbly for the B team to win all three singles but the only support came from Mike Malone with one single success as they lost 6-4 to Bedwell D.
It was the same result for the C team in Division Two, where disappointingly after three wins on the trot, they could manage only two singles apiece from Terry Bailey and Julian Lugg against Broadway E.
There was no change for the A team in the Premier Division where for the third week running they went down 8-2, Dave Bridges and Simon Cockman winning a single each.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 9 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 10 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages