Table tennis - Pain continues for Royston
Royston s improved results were not maintained in last week s round of NHTTA league matches with only one success from the four matches played. This was achieved by the D team in Division Three who extended their unbeaten run to five matches with a 10-0
Royston's improved results were not maintained in last week's round of NHTTA league matches with only one success from the four matches played.
This was achieved by the D team in Division Three who extended their unbeaten run to five matches with a 10-0 whitewash of bottom team Green Man G who only had two players.
Fred Bendall, Nathan Hutchings and Barry Sharp each won two singles with the Hutchings/Sharp pairing taking the doubles.
In Division One Haydn Gowan played superbly for the B team to win all three singles but the only support came from Mike Malone with one single success as they lost 6-4 to Bedwell D.
You may also want to watch:
It was the same result for the C team in Division Two, where disappointingly after three wins on the trot, they could manage only two singles apiece from Terry Bailey and Julian Lugg against Broadway E.
There was no change for the A team in the Premier Division where for the third week running they went down 8-2, Dave Bridges and Simon Cockman winning a single each.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court