Table tennis - Not much cup joy for Royston
ONLY one Royston team made it through to the semi-finals of the NHTTA knock-out cup competitions. The only cup success came from the D team, who beat Green Man F in the Division 2 McClaughton Inter Cup. Andy Teemal won his three singles matches, with Jul
ONLY one Royston team made it through to the semi-finals of the NHTTA knock-out cup competitions.
The only cup success came from the D team, who beat Green Man F in the Division 2 McClaughton Inter Cup. Andy Teemal won his three singles matches, with Julian Lugg adding two more for a comfortable 5-2 victory.
Elsewhere, the A team had only a single win,courtesy of John Manley, as they lost to Premier Division champions Bedwell A 5-1 in the Willmott Cup.
Three singles wins from Martyn Symons should have been enough for the B team, but even with Mike Malone's single win it was not enough as they went down 5-4 to Broadway A in the Division 1 McClaughton Cup.
You may also want to watch:
And in the Division 3 Henderson Cup, the E team suffered the same fate against Settlement Eagles, with two singles coming from teenager Nathan Hutchings and one apiece from Fred Bendall and Elaine Hanworth.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 5 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Defibrillators: How you could save a life