Table tennis - Not much cup joy for Royston
ONLY one Royston team made it through to the semi-finals of the NHTTA knock-out cup competitions. The only cup success came from the D team, who beat Green Man F in the Division 2 McClaughton Inter Cup. Andy Teemal won his three singles matches, with Jul
ONLY one Royston team made it through to the semi-finals of the NHTTA knock-out cup competitions.
The only cup success came from the D team, who beat Green Man F in the Division 2 McClaughton Inter Cup. Andy Teemal won his three singles matches, with Julian Lugg adding two more for a comfortable 5-2 victory.
Elsewhere, the A team had only a single win,courtesy of John Manley, as they lost to Premier Division champions Bedwell A 5-1 in the Willmott Cup.
Three singles wins from Martyn Symons should have been enough for the B team, but even with Mike Malone's single win it was not enough as they went down 5-4 to Broadway A in the Division 1 McClaughton Cup.
You may also want to watch:
And in the Division 3 Henderson Cup, the E team suffered the same fate against Settlement Eagles, with two singles coming from teenager Nathan Hutchings and one apiece from Fred Bendall and Elaine Hanworth.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme