Table tennis - Not much cup joy for Royston
ONLY one Royston team made it through to the semi-finals of the NHTTA knock-out cup competitions. The only cup success came from the D team, who beat Green Man F in the Division 2 McClaughton Inter Cup. Andy Teemal won his three singles matches, with Jul
ONLY one Royston team made it through to the semi-finals of the NHTTA knock-out cup competitions.
The only cup success came from the D team, who beat Green Man F in the Division 2 McClaughton Inter Cup. Andy Teemal won his three singles matches, with Julian Lugg adding two more for a comfortable 5-2 victory.
Elsewhere, the A team had only a single win,courtesy of John Manley, as they lost to Premier Division champions Bedwell A 5-1 in the Willmott Cup.
Three singles wins from Martyn Symons should have been enough for the B team, but even with Mike Malone's single win it was not enough as they went down 5-4 to Broadway A in the Division 1 McClaughton Cup.
And in the Division 3 Henderson Cup, the E team suffered the same fate against Settlement Eagles, with two singles coming from teenager Nathan Hutchings and one apiece from Fred Bendall and Elaine Hanworth.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife