Table tennis - Mixed week for Royston
It was another mixed week for the Royston teams in their NHTTA League fixtures. The best performers were again the C team in Division Two where Tony Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg won two singles each on a Clark/Lugg doubles to give them a 7-3 victor
It was another mixed week for the Royston teams in their NHTTA League fixtures.
The best performers were again the C team in Division Two where Tony Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg won two singles each on a Clark/Lugg doubles to give them a 7-3 victory over Broadway D.
In Division Three the D team also did well to get a 5-5 draw at Settlement Wrens with only two players. Fred Bendall and junior Nathan Hutchings managed to win two singles apiece and the doubles.
But it was the same old story for the senior teams who both went down to 7-3 defeats. Dave Bridge, Simon Cockman and Alf Mills managed a single each for the A team in the Premier Division against Green Man B.
Gordon Barnes, Rob Vassallo and a Malone/Vassallo doubles provided the points for the B team in Division One at Broadway C.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure