Table tennis - Mixed week for Royston
It was another mixed week for the Royston teams in their NHTTA League fixtures. The best performers were again the C team in Division Two where Tony Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg won two singles each on a Clark/Lugg doubles to give them a 7-3 victor
It was another mixed week for the Royston teams in their NHTTA League fixtures.
The best performers were again the C team in Division Two where Tony Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg won two singles each on a Clark/Lugg doubles to give them a 7-3 victory over Broadway D.
In Division Three the D team also did well to get a 5-5 draw at Settlement Wrens with only two players. Fred Bendall and junior Nathan Hutchings managed to win two singles apiece and the doubles.
But it was the same old story for the senior teams who both went down to 7-3 defeats. Dave Bridge, Simon Cockman and Alf Mills managed a single each for the A team in the Premier Division against Green Man B.
You may also want to watch:
Gordon Barnes, Rob Vassallo and a Malone/Vassallo doubles provided the points for the B team in Division One at Broadway C.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 8 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station