Table tennis - Malone leads the way for improving Royston
Three victories from the four matches played in the NHTTA League last week provided a welcome improvement in Royston s fortunes. The best performance came from the B team in Division One where Mike Malone won all his three singles, well supported by two f
Three victories from the four matches played in the NHTTA League last week provided a welcome improvement in Royston's fortunes.
The best performance came from the B team in Division One where Mike Malone won all his three singles, well supported by two from Gordon Barnes and one from Haydn Gowan for a 6-4 win over Broadway B.
But the best result was achieved by the C team, who maintained their momentum in Division Two with a comfortable 8-2 success over a weakened LABB A.
Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal won all their singles and the doubles, with Barry Sharp adding the extra point.
You may also want to watch:
Sharp was also in good form for the D team in Division Three where his three singles wins, plus two from Fred Bendall and one from junior Nathan Hutchings, gave them a 6-4 victory over LABB B.
But there was still little joy for the A team in the Premier Division, with Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman doing well to win a single each in an 8-2 defeat against a strong Settlement Skylarks.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images