Table tennis - Malone leads the way for improving Royston
Three victories from the four matches played in the NHTTA League last week provided a welcome improvement in Royston s fortunes. The best performance came from the B team in Division One where Mike Malone won all his three singles, well supported by two f
Three victories from the four matches played in the NHTTA League last week provided a welcome improvement in Royston's fortunes.
The best performance came from the B team in Division One where Mike Malone won all his three singles, well supported by two from Gordon Barnes and one from Haydn Gowan for a 6-4 win over Broadway B.
But the best result was achieved by the C team, who maintained their momentum in Division Two with a comfortable 8-2 success over a weakened LABB A.
Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal won all their singles and the doubles, with Barry Sharp adding the extra point.
You may also want to watch:
Sharp was also in good form for the D team in Division Three where his three singles wins, plus two from Fred Bendall and one from junior Nathan Hutchings, gave them a 6-4 victory over LABB B.
But there was still little joy for the A team in the Premier Division, with Dave Bridger and Simon Cockman doing well to win a single each in an 8-2 defeat against a strong Settlement Skylarks.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start