Table tennis - It’s mixed fortunes for Royston
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams. Royston s only success came with the C team s resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two. Beating Arto s TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles m
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams.
Royston's only success came with the C team's resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two.
Beating Arto's TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles matches as well as the doubles, with Terry Bailey adding another two singles wins.
Also competing in Division Two, the D team could manage only a 5-5 draw against the Broadway Musketeers. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal won two singles matches each, as well as the doubles.
It was a similar result for the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou making his Royston debut.
Gou and Gordon Barnes won two singles each, as well as the doubles.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
The A team faced last season's Premier Division runners-up Arto's TTC A and suffered a narrow 6-4 defeat.
Dave Bridges, Simon Cockman, and John Manley won three singles and a doubles match, between them.
In Division Three, Royston's E team were no match for a strong Bedwell H, with only Fred Bendall winning a point for Royston in a disappointing 9-1 defeat.