Table tennis - It’s mixed fortunes for Royston
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams. Royston s only success came with the C team s resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two. Beating Arto s TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles m
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams.
Royston's only success came with the C team's resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two.
Beating Arto's TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles matches as well as the doubles, with Terry Bailey adding another two singles wins.
Also competing in Division Two, the D team could manage only a 5-5 draw against the Broadway Musketeers. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal won two singles matches each, as well as the doubles.
It was a similar result for the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou making his Royston debut.
Gou and Gordon Barnes won two singles each, as well as the doubles.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
The A team faced last season's Premier Division runners-up Arto's TTC A and suffered a narrow 6-4 defeat.
Dave Bridges, Simon Cockman, and John Manley won three singles and a doubles match, between them.
In Division Three, Royston's E team were no match for a strong Bedwell H, with only Fred Bendall winning a point for Royston in a disappointing 9-1 defeat.