Table tennis - It’s mixed fortunes for Royston
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams. Royston s only success came with the C team s resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two. Beating Arto s TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles m
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams.
Royston's only success came with the C team's resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two.
Beating Arto's TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles matches as well as the doubles, with Terry Bailey adding another two singles wins.
Also competing in Division Two, the D team could manage only a 5-5 draw against the Broadway Musketeers. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal won two singles matches each, as well as the doubles.
You may also want to watch:
It was a similar result for the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou making his Royston debut.
Gou and Gordon Barnes won two singles each, as well as the doubles.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The A team faced last season's Premier Division runners-up Arto's TTC A and suffered a narrow 6-4 defeat.
Dave Bridges, Simon Cockman, and John Manley won three singles and a doubles match, between them.
In Division Three, Royston's E team were no match for a strong Bedwell H, with only Fred Bendall winning a point for Royston in a disappointing 9-1 defeat.