Table tennis - It’s mixed fortunes for Royston
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams. Royston s only success came with the C team s resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two. Beating Arto s TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles m
THE second week of the NHTTA league season produced a contrast of results for the Royston teams.
Royston's only success came with the C team's resounding 9-1 victory in Division Two.
Beating Arto's TTC B, Hayden Gowen and Abigail Moore won six singles matches as well as the doubles, with Terry Bailey adding another two singles wins.
Also competing in Division Two, the D team could manage only a 5-5 draw against the Broadway Musketeers. Julian Lugg and Andy Teemal won two singles matches each, as well as the doubles.
You may also want to watch:
It was a similar result for the B team in Division One, with Yuci Gou making his Royston debut.
Gou and Gordon Barnes won two singles each, as well as the doubles.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
The A team faced last season's Premier Division runners-up Arto's TTC A and suffered a narrow 6-4 defeat.
Dave Bridges, Simon Cockman, and John Manley won three singles and a doubles match, between them.
In Division Three, Royston's E team were no match for a strong Bedwell H, with only Fred Bendall winning a point for Royston in a disappointing 9-1 defeat.