Table tennis - It’s mixed fortunes for Royston
ROYSTON teams enjoyed mixed success in the latest round of NHTTA league matches. In Division Two the C team were 8-2 winners over Green Man G, while the D team also secured a convincing victory, beating Green Man F 9-1. Abigail Moore was in impressive fo
ROYSTON teams enjoyed mixed success in the latest round of NHTTA league matches.
In Division Two the C team were 8-2 winners over Green Man G, while the D team also secured a convincing victory, beating Green Man F 9-1.
Abigail Moore was in impressive form for the C team, ably supported by Hayden Gowan and Terry Bailey. Meanwhile Julian Lugg, Andy Teemal and Barry Shipp all starred for the D team.
The A team went down 6-4 to Green Man A in the Premier Division. Wins in the singles by Dave Bridges (2), John Manley, and Simon Cockman were not enough to secure overall victory.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One The B team lost to Green Man D by the same scoreline, picking up wins in the singles courtesy of Mike Malone (2), Alf Mills, and new recruit Martyn Simons.
In Division Three the E team managed only two singles wins as they went down 8-2 to Cardstock. Fred Bendell and Elaine Harworth were the victors.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment