Table tennis - It’s mixed fortunes for Royston
ROYSTON teams enjoyed mixed success in the latest round of NHTTA league matches. In Division Two the C team were 8-2 winners over Green Man G, while the D team also secured a convincing victory, beating Green Man F 9-1. Abigail Moore was in impressive fo
ROYSTON teams enjoyed mixed success in the latest round of NHTTA league matches.
In Division Two the C team were 8-2 winners over Green Man G, while the D team also secured a convincing victory, beating Green Man F 9-1.
Abigail Moore was in impressive form for the C team, ably supported by Hayden Gowan and Terry Bailey. Meanwhile Julian Lugg, Andy Teemal and Barry Shipp all starred for the D team.
The A team went down 6-4 to Green Man A in the Premier Division. Wins in the singles by Dave Bridges (2), John Manley, and Simon Cockman were not enough to secure overall victory.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One The B team lost to Green Man D by the same scoreline, picking up wins in the singles courtesy of Mike Malone (2), Alf Mills, and new recruit Martyn Simons.
In Division Three the E team managed only two singles wins as they went down 8-2 to Cardstock. Fred Bendell and Elaine Harworth were the victors.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms