Table tennis - Heavy defeats for Royston
The opening matches of the second half of the NHTTA League programme provided the worst possible results for Royston s teams as they all suffered heavy defeats. In the Premier Division, the struggling A team on the bottom with just one draw and eight defe
The opening matches of the second half of the NHTTA League programme provided the worst possible results for Royston's teams as they all suffered heavy defeats.
In the Premier Division, the struggling A team on the bottom with just one draw and eight defeats at the halfway point, went down 8-2 at fifth placed Le Roi A, Dave Bridger and Alf Mills gaining one single each.
The B team also occupying bottom position in Division One with two wins, one draw and six defeats in the first half, could only manage a single success from Rob Vassallo as they lost 9-1 to third placed Green Man C.
In Division Two the best placed C team were in a challenging fourth place with four wins, three draws and only two defeats in the first half of the season.
But they failed to maintain their potential going down 8-2 to eighth placed Green Man D with just a single apiece from Terry Bailey and Andy Teemal.
The D team occupying fifth place in Division Three, with three wins, two draws and four defeats, were no match for second placed Christchurch B and could only manage a Bendall/Sharp double success in their 9-1 defeat.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track