Table tennis - Forgettable campaign ends
The final week of the NHTTA League programme provided dire results for the Royston teams and ended a largely forgettable season. In the Premier Division the A team were still unable to record a win against two player Settlement Hawks, Alf Mills taking one
The final week of the NHTTA League programme provided dire results for the Royston teams and ended a largely forgettable season.
In the Premier Division the A team were still unable to record a win against two player Settlement Hawks, Alf Mills taking one single to add to the three conceded as they lost 6-4 to finish bottom.
And it was not better in Division One where the B team could only manage a single win from Gordon Barnes as they went down 9-1 to third placed Settlement Ravens and also finished bottom.
In Division Two the C team with only one player available had to concede their final match to leaders Green Man E 10-0 to finish in a disappointing fifth position.
You may also want to watch:
But they have a chance to redeem themselves when they meet the same team in the final of the McCloughlin Inter Cup soon.
Only the D team in Division Three achieved a respectable position. Although they too could only manage a single from Barry Sharp in their 9-1 defeat against leaders Green Man F they did finish fourth.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event