Table tennis - Forgettable campaign ends
The final week of the NHTTA League programme provided dire results for the Royston teams and ended a largely forgettable season. In the Premier Division the A team were still unable to record a win against two player Settlement Hawks, Alf Mills taking one
The final week of the NHTTA League programme provided dire results for the Royston teams and ended a largely forgettable season.
In the Premier Division the A team were still unable to record a win against two player Settlement Hawks, Alf Mills taking one single to add to the three conceded as they lost 6-4 to finish bottom.
And it was not better in Division One where the B team could only manage a single win from Gordon Barnes as they went down 9-1 to third placed Settlement Ravens and also finished bottom.
In Division Two the C team with only one player available had to concede their final match to leaders Green Man E 10-0 to finish in a disappointing fifth position.
You may also want to watch:
But they have a chance to redeem themselves when they meet the same team in the final of the McCloughlin Inter Cup soon.
Only the D team in Division Three achieved a respectable position. Although they too could only manage a single from Barry Sharp in their 9-1 defeat against leaders Green Man F they did finish fourth.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme