Table tennis - Cup dreams end for C side
ROYSTON S sole survivors in the North Herts Table Tennis Association Cobb Cup handicap competition failed to progress in the quarter-finals. The C team of Terry Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg from Division Two were up against Premier Division Bedwell
ROYSTON'S sole survivors in the North Herts Table Tennis Association Cobb Cup handicap competition failed to progress in the quarter-finals.
The C team of Terry Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg from Division Two were up against Premier Division Bedwell AVC with a start of 169 points but this proved to be not quite enough as they eventually lost by just 14 points.
In league matches played the previous week it was the C team that provided the only success for Royston with a 9-1 victory over Division Two strugglers Artois TTC. Bailey, Clark and Lugg each won two singles and the Clark/Lugg partnership took the doubles whilst the opposition conceded two singles.
In the Premier Division Dave Bridge won two singles and Simon Cockman one for the A team as they went down 7-3 against Bedwell B.
You may also want to watch:
A two player D team lost by the same score at Bedwell H in Division Three, Fred Bendall taking two singles and Nathan Hutchings one.
In a close game in Division One at Christchurch A the B team lost 6-4.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'