Table Tennis: Cobb Cup revenge is sweet as E team take command
WITH the C team eliminated in the preliminary round, four of the Royston teams were in action this week for the first round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition. The E team gained revenge for their recent league defeat against Division 3 side Cards
WITH the C team eliminated in the preliminary round, four of the Royston teams were in action this week for the first round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition.
The E team gained revenge for their recent league defeat against Division 3 side Cardstock with Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp gaining points overall and Elaine Hanworth avoiding a heavy defeat, Royston ran out comfortable winners by 40 points.
The B team went through to the next round after Division One side Green Man C failed to attend the match.
The A team conceding 81 points to Green Man E from Division One seemed to be on course for a win after the deficit had been reduced to 12 points after six games. However, Green Man E rallied round in the first three games with Royston only gaining one more point to lose by 11.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the positive handicap of 146 the D team were never able to seriously challenge their opponents Broadway Le Roi from the Premier Division eventually go down by 44 points.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times