Table Tennis: Cobb Cup revenge is sweet as E team take command
WITH the C team eliminated in the preliminary round, four of the Royston teams were in action this week for the first round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition. The E team gained revenge for their recent league defeat against Division 3 side Cards
WITH the C team eliminated in the preliminary round, four of the Royston teams were in action this week for the first round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition.
The E team gained revenge for their recent league defeat against Division 3 side Cardstock with Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp gaining points overall and Elaine Hanworth avoiding a heavy defeat, Royston ran out comfortable winners by 40 points.
The B team went through to the next round after Division One side Green Man C failed to attend the match.
The A team conceding 81 points to Green Man E from Division One seemed to be on course for a win after the deficit had been reduced to 12 points after six games. However, Green Man E rallied round in the first three games with Royston only gaining one more point to lose by 11.
You may also want to watch:
Despite the positive handicap of 146 the D team were never able to seriously challenge their opponents Broadway Le Roi from the Premier Division eventually go down by 44 points.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims