Table tennis - C team lead the way
ROYSTON had two wins from their four NHTTA League fixtures. The best performance came from the C team in Division Two where two singles apiece from Tony Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg gave them a 6-4 victory over second-placed Bedwell F. Fred Bendall
ROYSTON had two wins from their four NHTTA League fixtures.
The best performance came from the C team in Division Two where two singles apiece from Tony Bailey, Derek Clark and Julian Lugg gave them a 6-4 victory over second-placed Bedwell F.
Fred Bendall and Barry Sharp were also in good form for the D team in Division Three winning all their singles and the doubles in a 7-3 success against Christchurch C.
Although the B team's opponents in Division One, Bedwell C, had only two players, Royston could manage only one single win by Mike Malone to add to the three games conceded as they went down 6-4.
You may also want to watch:
And in the Premier Division once again there was no joy for the A team as they were trounced 10-0 at Bedwell AVC.
But they did achieve their first success of the season when they were the only Royston team in the first round of the Cobb Cup handicap competition. Drawn against Division Three team Christchurch B with a deficit of 160 points to make up they achieved this in the eighth of the nine singles games and eventually won by 21 points.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 8 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club