Table tennis - C team continue to shine
Only one of the Royston Table Tennis Club teams survived the second round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition played last week, and once again the success was achieved by the C team. They were conceding five points to another Division Two team, Br
Only one of the Royston Table Tennis Club teams survived the second round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition played last week, and once again the success was achieved by the C team.
They were conceding five points to another Division Two team, Broadway D, whom they had defeated 7-3 in the league fixture the previous week without captain Derek Clark, it proved a much closer encounter and they eventually won by just three points.
The A team were up against Division Three team Belwell G who proved to be much stronger than their league position suggested. Conceding 226 points the A team struggled to make inroads and still had a deficit of 91 points at the end.
By contract, the D team were drawn against Green Man A from the Premier Division with a start of 246 but they could only manage to score 118 of the 150 points needed for victory over the nine singles games and lost by 32 points.
The B team could only find two players for their match against Premier Division Green Man B and had to concede the game.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 3 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 4 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'