Table tennis - C team continue to shine
Only one of the Royston Table Tennis Club teams survived the second round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition played last week, and once again the success was achieved by the C team. They were conceding five points to another Division Two team, Br
Only one of the Royston Table Tennis Club teams survived the second round of the NHTTA Cobb Cup handicap competition played last week, and once again the success was achieved by the C team.
They were conceding five points to another Division Two team, Broadway D, whom they had defeated 7-3 in the league fixture the previous week without captain Derek Clark, it proved a much closer encounter and they eventually won by just three points.
The A team were up against Division Three team Belwell G who proved to be much stronger than their league position suggested. Conceding 226 points the A team struggled to make inroads and still had a deficit of 91 points at the end.
By contract, the D team were drawn against Green Man A from the Premier Division with a start of 246 but they could only manage to score 118 of the 150 points needed for victory over the nine singles games and lost by 32 points.
You may also want to watch:
The B team could only find two players for their match against Premier Division Green Man B and had to concede the game.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 7 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 8 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash