Table Tennis - Barnes is on song for leaders
ROYSTON S Division 2 sides once again provided the club s best results of the week s NHTTA League matches. The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green
ROYSTON'S Division 2 sides once again provided the club's best results of the week's NHTTA League matches.
The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green Man F.
Gordon Barnes won all his singles matches, supported by two each from Terry Bailey and Hayden Gowan, as well as the doubles match.
The D team also remain unbeaten, thanks to a maximum from Julian Lugg, two from Andy Teemal, and one from Barry Sharp in their narrow 6-4 win over Broadway D.
You may also want to watch:
Fred Bendall earned the E team a 5-5 draw against the promising Feathers Warriors juniors in Division 3.
Bendall needed all his experience to win his three singles and the doubles with Nathan Hutchings.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Elaine Hanworth added the other point.
In Division 1, two singles from Martyn Simons, one from Alf Mills, and the doubles match was not good enough as Royston went down 6-4 against Broadway B.
And in the Premier Division, the A team were no match for a strong Green Man B, with Dave Bridges' singles victory the only point on the board for Royston as they were blown away 9-1.