Table Tennis - Barnes is on song for leaders
ROYSTON S Division 2 sides once again provided the club s best results of the week s NHTTA League matches. The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green
ROYSTON'S Division 2 sides once again provided the club's best results of the week's NHTTA League matches.
The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green Man F.
Gordon Barnes won all his singles matches, supported by two each from Terry Bailey and Hayden Gowan, as well as the doubles match.
The D team also remain unbeaten, thanks to a maximum from Julian Lugg, two from Andy Teemal, and one from Barry Sharp in their narrow 6-4 win over Broadway D.
Fred Bendall earned the E team a 5-5 draw against the promising Feathers Warriors juniors in Division 3.
Bendall needed all his experience to win his three singles and the doubles with Nathan Hutchings.
- 1 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 2 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 5 A-level results 2022: When is results day and what can I expect?
- 6 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 9 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 10 Royston struggle to add second win to opening day success
Elaine Hanworth added the other point.
In Division 1, two singles from Martyn Simons, one from Alf Mills, and the doubles match was not good enough as Royston went down 6-4 against Broadway B.
And in the Premier Division, the A team were no match for a strong Green Man B, with Dave Bridges' singles victory the only point on the board for Royston as they were blown away 9-1.