Table Tennis - Barnes is on song for leaders
ROYSTON S Division 2 sides once again provided the club s best results of the week s NHTTA League matches. The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green
ROYSTON'S Division 2 sides once again provided the club's best results of the week's NHTTA League matches.
The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green Man F.
Gordon Barnes won all his singles matches, supported by two each from Terry Bailey and Hayden Gowan, as well as the doubles match.
The D team also remain unbeaten, thanks to a maximum from Julian Lugg, two from Andy Teemal, and one from Barry Sharp in their narrow 6-4 win over Broadway D.
Fred Bendall earned the E team a 5-5 draw against the promising Feathers Warriors juniors in Division 3.
Bendall needed all his experience to win his three singles and the doubles with Nathan Hutchings.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Elaine Hanworth added the other point.
In Division 1, two singles from Martyn Simons, one from Alf Mills, and the doubles match was not good enough as Royston went down 6-4 against Broadway B.
And in the Premier Division, the A team were no match for a strong Green Man B, with Dave Bridges' singles victory the only point on the board for Royston as they were blown away 9-1.