Table Tennis - Barnes is on song for leaders
ROYSTON S Division 2 sides once again provided the club s best results of the week s NHTTA League matches. The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green
ROYSTON'S Division 2 sides once again provided the club's best results of the week's NHTTA League matches.
The unbeaten C team consolidated their lead at the top of the table with another comfortable 8-2 victory, this time it was at the expense of Green Man F.
Gordon Barnes won all his singles matches, supported by two each from Terry Bailey and Hayden Gowan, as well as the doubles match.
The D team also remain unbeaten, thanks to a maximum from Julian Lugg, two from Andy Teemal, and one from Barry Sharp in their narrow 6-4 win over Broadway D.
You may also want to watch:
Fred Bendall earned the E team a 5-5 draw against the promising Feathers Warriors juniors in Division 3.
Bendall needed all his experience to win his three singles and the doubles with Nathan Hutchings.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
Elaine Hanworth added the other point.
In Division 1, two singles from Martyn Simons, one from Alf Mills, and the doubles match was not good enough as Royston went down 6-4 against Broadway B.
And in the Premier Division, the A team were no match for a strong Green Man B, with Dave Bridges' singles victory the only point on the board for Royston as they were blown away 9-1.