Swimmers enjoy record breaking meet
GRENEWAY school s swimmers enjoyed a record breaking experience at the Hertfordshire Primary School s Swimming Relay Championships. Competing against the top twenty primary schools for Swimming in Hertfordshire was always going to be a difficult competiti
GRENEWAY school's swimmers enjoyed a record breaking experience at the Hertfordshire Primary School's Swimming Relay Championships.
Competing against the top twenty primary schools for Swimming in Hertfordshire was always going to be a difficult competition for Greneway's year five and six teams, but the swimmers swam to the challenge to finish fifth overall.
The girls' team won a gold and silver in the consolation final, and the boys' team picked up a silver and bronze.
Each Greneway swimmer achieved a personal best in their individual events and established a new year six school record for both freestyle replays.
You may also want to watch:
Terry Graves, Greneway's head of physical education, said: "As one of only three state schools this was a superb effort by the whole team in this prestigious and high quality event for very talented primary age swimmers.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs