Sweeting takes pulsating win in Pulsatilla Trophy
Royston Golf Club round-up
TREVOR Sweeting played well at the weekend beating all-comers in the Royston Golf Club Pulsatilla Trophy.
In the photograph he is seen collecting the Pulsatilla Cup from club captain David Crossley on Sunday after his outstanding two rounds of golf played over the two days, finishing with a net 137 off his nine-handicap.
In second place, having dropped only four shots in two rounds, was Olie Bance with an amazing 142 gross (net 138). In third was Darren Dawson with a net 139 while three players finished only one shot behind, on 140, Peter Rutter, Jason Nolan and Stewart Hart. Despite a hole in one at the sixth, Craig Holson was unable to finish in the top group.
In the Single Stableford event, Mark Crowley triumphed with 37 points off his 18-handicap, just ahead of Richard Trigg on 36 and Andrew Greville-Smith and Paul Hayden, both on 35.
In the Ladies’ Medal Winners Final, Josie Seward played well to score a net 72 off her 22-handicap and a cut to 21-handicap. Jenifer Thompson, with a 73, came second and Carol Devaney was third after carding a 75.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 9 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'