Sweeting takes pulsating win in Pulsatilla Trophy
Royston Golf Club round-up
TREVOR Sweeting played well at the weekend beating all-comers in the Royston Golf Club Pulsatilla Trophy.
In the photograph he is seen collecting the Pulsatilla Cup from club captain David Crossley on Sunday after his outstanding two rounds of golf played over the two days, finishing with a net 137 off his nine-handicap.
In second place, having dropped only four shots in two rounds, was Olie Bance with an amazing 142 gross (net 138). In third was Darren Dawson with a net 139 while three players finished only one shot behind, on 140, Peter Rutter, Jason Nolan and Stewart Hart. Despite a hole in one at the sixth, Craig Holson was unable to finish in the top group.
You may also want to watch:
In the Single Stableford event, Mark Crowley triumphed with 37 points off his 18-handicap, just ahead of Richard Trigg on 36 and Andrew Greville-Smith and Paul Hayden, both on 35.
In the Ladies’ Medal Winners Final, Josie Seward played well to score a net 72 off her 22-handicap and a cut to 21-handicap. Jenifer Thompson, with a 73, came second and Carol Devaney was third after carding a 75.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre