Superbikes: Royston’s Luke Mossey looks to end season on a high at Brands Hatch
- Credit: Tim Keeton/Impact Images
British Superbike rider Luke Mossey is entering the final race weekend of the BSB Championship with one aim – taking a trophy back home to Royston. After a phenomenal start to the season, the North Herts rider was sitting top of the championship.
However, after a series of bike issues and a crash in August, which saw him break his back in four places, he has battled to get back to his best.
Finishing his first race since September in the last round at Assen on in later September and early October, Mossey is raring to race at the season finale this weekend at Brands Hatch.
Mossey said: “I’m looking forward to the weekend.
“It’s the last round of the season, which I can’t believe and we want to finish it on a high. I really like Brands Hatch and we’ve had great results there in the past, including my double win back in April. My back is now feeling great, it’s been about two and a half months so I’d say it’s fully healed.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going into the weekend with the aim of getting a rostrum. I want to come home with a trophy and shake a few things up in the showdown – with it being a triple header we’ve got a few chances.”
The race in Kent takes place on the longer Grand Prix track and as it is a triple-header, he will have three races to come out with a win and boost his confidence. After signing a new contract with JG Speedfit Kawasaki in September, he can focus purely on racing and preparing for the 2018 season.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
“I’m already looking forward to the 2018 season with JG Speedfit Kawasaki and challenging for the championship,” said Mossey.
The British Superbike Champion will be crowned at Brands Hatch this weekend – and it will be very interesting to see if Mossey can be the spoiler in the pack.
Brave Luke, 25, is one of the youngest riders in the British Superbike Championship. He began racing at the age of just six.
By 2006 he was racing 125cc bikes and winning British and European titles. He then joined the British Superbike Championship in 2015 racing for Quattro Plant Kawasaki and in his debut season he won the Rider’s Cup Trophy.
In 2016 he reached the showdown and came sixth overall before joining the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team.