Superbikes: Royston’s Luke Mossey looks to end season on a high at Brands Hatch
- Credit: Tim Keeton/Impact Images
British Superbike rider Luke Mossey is entering the final race weekend of the BSB Championship with one aim – taking a trophy back home to Royston. After a phenomenal start to the season, the North Herts rider was sitting top of the championship.
However, after a series of bike issues and a crash in August, which saw him break his back in four places, he has battled to get back to his best.
Finishing his first race since September in the last round at Assen on in later September and early October, Mossey is raring to race at the season finale this weekend at Brands Hatch.
Mossey said: “I’m looking forward to the weekend.
“It’s the last round of the season, which I can’t believe and we want to finish it on a high. I really like Brands Hatch and we’ve had great results there in the past, including my double win back in April. My back is now feeling great, it’s been about two and a half months so I’d say it’s fully healed.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re going into the weekend with the aim of getting a rostrum. I want to come home with a trophy and shake a few things up in the showdown – with it being a triple header we’ve got a few chances.”
The race in Kent takes place on the longer Grand Prix track and as it is a triple-header, he will have three races to come out with a win and boost his confidence. After signing a new contract with JG Speedfit Kawasaki in September, he can focus purely on racing and preparing for the 2018 season.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
“I’m already looking forward to the 2018 season with JG Speedfit Kawasaki and challenging for the championship,” said Mossey.
The British Superbike Champion will be crowned at Brands Hatch this weekend – and it will be very interesting to see if Mossey can be the spoiler in the pack.
Brave Luke, 25, is one of the youngest riders in the British Superbike Championship. He began racing at the age of just six.
By 2006 he was racing 125cc bikes and winning British and European titles. He then joined the British Superbike Championship in 2015 racing for Quattro Plant Kawasaki and in his debut season he won the Rider’s Cup Trophy.
In 2016 he reached the showdown and came sixth overall before joining the JG Speedfit Kawasaki team.