Super wins for Royston Town Youth
ROYSTON Town Youth under eights A and B teams have recorded impressive 5-1 wins against Stotfold, ending their unbeaten run from September. Louis Harward opened the scoring for the A team and Euan Rees netted the second before half time. In the second hal
ROYSTON Town Youth under eights A and B teams have recorded impressive 5-1 wins against Stotfold, ending their unbeaten run from September.
Louis Harward opened the scoring for the A team and Euan Rees netted the second before half time.
In the second half Harward added another after a strong run by man-of-the-match Adam Taylor and a superb strike from Theo Reed made it 4-0 before Stotfold pulled a goal back.
However, Royston hit back instantly with a powerful header from Patrick Tyrell.
The B team put in an equally stunning display, passing the ball with ease.
Charlie Johnson scored the opener and Thomas Allen fired home the second.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 4 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 7 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 10 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
The third and fourth goals saw Johnson complete his hat trick and thoroughly earn his man-of-the-match accolade.
Jamie Judge finished the scoring for Royston with a fine solo effort and Stotfold managed a consolation goal before the end.