Super Stagg sinks Broadhall
Broadhall Youth 0 Biggleswade United 2 Under-16s Division One BIGGLESWADE United came away from Stevenage with three well deserved points in this tough encounter with Broadhall Youth, but they left it late as both goals came in the last three minutes of a
Broadhall Youth 0 Biggleswade United 2
Under-16s Division One
BIGGLESWADE United came away from Stevenage with three well deserved points in this tough encounter with Broadhall Youth, but they left it late as both goals came in the last three minutes of added time.
In a game of yellow cards, stoppages and numerous free kicks this was not a beautiful game, and although Broadhall had the advantage of a strong wind behind them in the first half they found it difficult to create any real chances.
United began to control the midfield as the half wore on and they put their hosts under pressure with several good efforts.
Ryan Humphrey managed to hit the bar and from another good move United put the ball in the net only to see it ruled off side.
- 1 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
After the interval United came out and quickly camped themselves in the Broadhall half and 10 minutes in Biggleswade again had the ball in the net but it was disallowed.
A curling free kick from Carl heath then hit the inside of the post and a minute later a looping shot from Dominic Lombari just missed the bar and it looked as though it was going to be one of those less than fruitful days.
However, with three minutes to go Jack Stagg found a few yards of space and hit a screamer into the back of the net, and then added a second moments later with a fine free kick.
It was all that Biggleswade deserved.
Biggleswade squad: Mason, Nergaard, Clark, Walford, Palmer-Fletcher, Brown, Larter, Adams, Brown, Stagg, Wallace, Welsh, Kersey, Lombari, Heath, Humphrey, Stevens, Pilling.