Super Stagg sinks Broadhall
Broadhall Youth 0 Biggleswade United 2 Under-16s Division One BIGGLESWADE United came away from Stevenage with three well deserved points in this tough encounter with Broadhall Youth, but they left it late as both goals came in the last three minutes of a
Broadhall Youth 0 Biggleswade United 2
Under-16s Division One
BIGGLESWADE United came away from Stevenage with three well deserved points in this tough encounter with Broadhall Youth, but they left it late as both goals came in the last three minutes of added time.
In a game of yellow cards, stoppages and numerous free kicks this was not a beautiful game, and although Broadhall had the advantage of a strong wind behind them in the first half they found it difficult to create any real chances.
You may also want to watch:
United began to control the midfield as the half wore on and they put their hosts under pressure with several good efforts.
Ryan Humphrey managed to hit the bar and from another good move United put the ball in the net only to see it ruled off side.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
After the interval United came out and quickly camped themselves in the Broadhall half and 10 minutes in Biggleswade again had the ball in the net but it was disallowed.
A curling free kick from Carl heath then hit the inside of the post and a minute later a looping shot from Dominic Lombari just missed the bar and it looked as though it was going to be one of those less than fruitful days.
However, with three minutes to go Jack Stagg found a few yards of space and hit a screamer into the back of the net, and then added a second moments later with a fine free kick.
It was all that Biggleswade deserved.
Biggleswade squad: Mason, Nergaard, Clark, Walford, Palmer-Fletcher, Brown, Larter, Adams, Brown, Stagg, Wallace, Welsh, Kersey, Lombari, Heath, Humphrey, Stevens, Pilling.