Super Panthers put 10 past the Arrowheads
MDFC Panthers 10 Austen Arrowheads 0 Under 11s League Cup ANOTHER strong performance from the Panthers saw them dominate the game as George Storey continued his amazing goal scoring exploits with six goals giving him 30 for the season in 10 league and cup
MDFC Panthers 10 Austen Arrowheads 0
Under 11s League Cup
ANOTHER strong performance from the Panthers saw them dominate the game as George Storey continued his amazing goal scoring exploits with six goals giving him 30 for the season in 10 league and cup games.
The Panthers took the lead on eight minutes as Storey converted a free kick from outside the penalty box with a lovely right footed curling shot, and four minutes later it was 2-0 as Melbourn put together the best move of the game.
You may also want to watch:
Luke Eades collected a short goal kick and beat three players before slipping a neat pass to Tommy Hollway who in turn fed the dangerous Storey to convert with a powerful finish.
On 23 minutes Ryan Lees converted a spot kick after Eades was fouled by the Arrowheads 'keeper and three became four after 29 minutes as Storey completed his hat-trick by running onto and finishing off a well timed Josh Hutton through ball.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
The second half was just two minutes old when the impressive Lees broke up a threatening Arrowheads attack and fed Hutton who finished well to make it 5-0, and Storey made it six after beating the offside trap to run through unchallenged.
It should have been seven four minutes later after a fine move involving Eades saw Hollways' shot deflected by the 'keeper onto the post, but soon after that Connor Patel played a lovely ball down the left for the impressive Eades to cut inside and finish in the corner for Melbourn's seventh.
Storey made it eight and two minutes later the hard working Sam Potterill made it nine as he tapped in a loose ball.
Man-of-the-match Storey had the final say with his sixth and Melbourn's tenth on 56 minutes to finish off a fine performance.