Super Panthers put 10 past the Arrowheads
MDFC Panthers 10 Austen Arrowheads 0 Under 11s League Cup ANOTHER strong performance from the Panthers saw them dominate the game as George Storey continued his amazing goal scoring exploits with six goals giving him 30 for the season in 10 league and cup
MDFC Panthers 10 Austen Arrowheads 0
Under 11s League Cup
ANOTHER strong performance from the Panthers saw them dominate the game as George Storey continued his amazing goal scoring exploits with six goals giving him 30 for the season in 10 league and cup games.
The Panthers took the lead on eight minutes as Storey converted a free kick from outside the penalty box with a lovely right footed curling shot, and four minutes later it was 2-0 as Melbourn put together the best move of the game.
Luke Eades collected a short goal kick and beat three players before slipping a neat pass to Tommy Hollway who in turn fed the dangerous Storey to convert with a powerful finish.
On 23 minutes Ryan Lees converted a spot kick after Eades was fouled by the Arrowheads 'keeper and three became four after 29 minutes as Storey completed his hat-trick by running onto and finishing off a well timed Josh Hutton through ball.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 8 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
The second half was just two minutes old when the impressive Lees broke up a threatening Arrowheads attack and fed Hutton who finished well to make it 5-0, and Storey made it six after beating the offside trap to run through unchallenged.
It should have been seven four minutes later after a fine move involving Eades saw Hollways' shot deflected by the 'keeper onto the post, but soon after that Connor Patel played a lovely ball down the left for the impressive Eades to cut inside and finish in the corner for Melbourn's seventh.
Storey made it eight and two minutes later the hard working Sam Potterill made it nine as he tapped in a loose ball.
Man-of-the-match Storey had the final say with his sixth and Melbourn's tenth on 56 minutes to finish off a fine performance.