Super Leavers sinkes Wymondley
Royston Celtic Whites 7 Wymondley Park 1 Under-12s Division One THE wind was a factor in this game but Royston Celtic Whites handled it better and settled into their groove a lot quicker than their opponents. Justin Leaves, pictured, had a great game desp
Royston Celtic Whites 7 Wymondley Park 1
Under-12s Division One
THE wind was a factor in this game but Royston Celtic Whites handled it better and settled into their groove a lot quicker than their opponents.
Justin Leaves, pictured, had a great game despite getting a bloodied nose in the first few minutes while new boy Joseph Ryding was also impressive.
At the back James Rushton slotted in to replace captain Jack Mills, while Callum Pinner took the arm band and was his usual vocal self as he supported his players and bossed parts of the pitch, while Lorcan George's passing was top drawer.
Rhys Westbury opened the scoring for the Whites when he finished off a Richard Jonas pass and then Leavers delivered a corner which went straight into the goal with a little help from the wind.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Leavers scored his second when he slotted into the bottom corner after a good Jonas flick on and he got his hat-trick moments later when the Wymondley 'keeper drop kicked the ball against the wind and it pulled back to Leavers who placed it into the back of the net.
Jonas went from provider to finisher to make it 5-0 at the break with a well taken strike, but after the break resumed his previous role when he set up Leavers who curled his fourth goal around the 'keeper.
Westbury scored Royston's last goal when he converted a Leavers corner and although the Whites were unable to keep a clean sheet with Wymondley scoring late on, they must be delighted with this performance.