Super Leavers sinkes Wymondley
Royston Celtic Whites 7 Wymondley Park 1 Under-12s Division One THE wind was a factor in this game but Royston Celtic Whites handled it better and settled into their groove a lot quicker than their opponents. Justin Leaves, pictured, had a great game desp
Royston Celtic Whites 7 Wymondley Park 1
Under-12s Division One
THE wind was a factor in this game but Royston Celtic Whites handled it better and settled into their groove a lot quicker than their opponents.
Justin Leaves, pictured, had a great game despite getting a bloodied nose in the first few minutes while new boy Joseph Ryding was also impressive.
You may also want to watch:
At the back James Rushton slotted in to replace captain Jack Mills, while Callum Pinner took the arm band and was his usual vocal self as he supported his players and bossed parts of the pitch, while Lorcan George's passing was top drawer.
Rhys Westbury opened the scoring for the Whites when he finished off a Richard Jonas pass and then Leavers delivered a corner which went straight into the goal with a little help from the wind.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Stagecoach bus routes changing due to lack of staff
Leavers scored his second when he slotted into the bottom corner after a good Jonas flick on and he got his hat-trick moments later when the Wymondley 'keeper drop kicked the ball against the wind and it pulled back to Leavers who placed it into the back of the net.
Jonas went from provider to finisher to make it 5-0 at the break with a well taken strike, but after the break resumed his previous role when he set up Leavers who curled his fourth goal around the 'keeper.
Westbury scored Royston's last goal when he converted a Leavers corner and although the Whites were unable to keep a clean sheet with Wymondley scoring late on, they must be delighted with this performance.