Super Colts lift Division Two title
Bassingbourn Youth U11s 2 Royston Town Youth Colts U11s 6
ROYSTON Town Youth Colts U11s won the Division Two title on Sunday with a 6-2 win away at Bassingbourn Youth.
The match couldn’t have started any better for the Royston team when Michael Baulk got between defender and ‘keeper in the first minute and punished the home team with an early goal before inspirational skipper Callum Toovey got on the end of a Baulk flick and made it 2-0 five minutes later.
The lively Baulk finished a fine footballing move set up by Tom Turner and Tom Fox and Turner scored the fourth from a well taken Jamie Penn free-kick to give the Colts a commanding 4-0 lead at half-time.
Early in the second half the deadly Bruce Barnes converted a trademark expert finish to make it five before a spirited Bassingbourn period of play saw them get two goals back as they stepped up their own efforts to get back into this important game.
You may also want to watch:
Turner completed the scoring with a fine right-foot long-range shot that dipped under the bar to clinch the match and the title for the superb Colts team.
Man of the match was Jamie Copeland for his cool and determined performance in defence.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start