Super Colts lift Division Two title
Bassingbourn Youth U11s 2 Royston Town Youth Colts U11s 6
ROYSTON Town Youth Colts U11s won the Division Two title on Sunday with a 6-2 win away at Bassingbourn Youth.
The match couldn’t have started any better for the Royston team when Michael Baulk got between defender and ‘keeper in the first minute and punished the home team with an early goal before inspirational skipper Callum Toovey got on the end of a Baulk flick and made it 2-0 five minutes later.
The lively Baulk finished a fine footballing move set up by Tom Turner and Tom Fox and Turner scored the fourth from a well taken Jamie Penn free-kick to give the Colts a commanding 4-0 lead at half-time.
Early in the second half the deadly Bruce Barnes converted a trademark expert finish to make it five before a spirited Bassingbourn period of play saw them get two goals back as they stepped up their own efforts to get back into this important game.
You may also want to watch:
Turner completed the scoring with a fine right-foot long-range shot that dipped under the bar to clinch the match and the title for the superb Colts team.
Man of the match was Jamie Copeland for his cool and determined performance in defence.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images