Summer League provides win for Royston Tennis Club
- Credit: Getty Images/Comstock Images
Royston Tennis Club men’s teams got off to a tremendous start in the Cambridgshire Summer League, winning seven of their nine matches so far.
The first team, who topped Division 1 last season, had a tough opener against Cambridge and lost 8-0.
In their next match, against Saffron Walden, Royston won the first set before their opponents conceded due to one of their players suffering an injury.
In Division 3, the 2nds - Ross Agnew, Douglas Coton, Toby Jackson and Jeremy Tuck - made up for the first team’s loss by beating Buckden 8-0, and then, Cocks and Hens 2nds 5-3.
The 3rd team, in Division 7, also experienced a winning start to the season. They beat Great Staughton’s first team 5-3, dropping only one set in a nail-biting tie-break to overcome Great Shelford 6ths.
You may also want to watch:
Royston 4ths beat Huntingdon 4ths 6-2.
In Division 11, Royston 5ths had a real battle on their hands against Soham 2nds, but prevailed 5-3.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Royston’s ladies’ 1st and 3rd teams lost their respective matches, but the 2nds managed a draw at Histon 1sts in Division 3.