Successful two-day test for racing Ryan
RYAN Lewis has just completed a two-day Formula Atlantic test at Sebring International Raceway, Florida, for Mi-Jack Conquest Racing. The Royston racer, winner of the 2004 British F3 scholarship class, is testing the car with a view to racing for the team
RYAN Lewis has just completed a two-day Formula Atlantic test at Sebring International Raceway, Florida, for Mi-Jack Conquest Racing.
The Royston racer, winner of the 2004 British F3 scholarship class, is testing the car with a view to racing for the team in the future.
"I really enjoyed testing with the Mi-Jack Conquest Racing Team, they did a great job", said Ryan. "The car was quick straight out of the box, it was competitive and well-balanced which made it easy for me to get up to speed quickly and find my comfort level in the car.
"The last car I drove (last December) was the old Atlantic car and this one is definitely a step up. I'm not sure what happens next but hopefully we can do a deal and I can race over here as it's great.
"I've said it before but I really do think that this is my best opportunity to move forward. There are lots of opportunities to be had if you do well in Atlantics but let's take it one day at a time."
Conquest Racing co-owner, Eric Bachelart, oversaw Ryan's test. "Ryan did a great job during these last two days," he said. "He confirmed the potential we saw a few months ago when we tested him in the 014 car.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
"His times were very close to those of Graham's (Rahal) and it was only his first time in the new Atlantic car, so we are very happy with his performance. He also provided us with good feedback and everybody worked very well together.