Success in the pool
THE recent successes of swimmers from Greneway and Royston Swimming Club at the Herts Schools Championships and Herts Peanuts Leagues have resulted in many being selected for the North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships. The s
THE recent successes of swimmers from Greneway and Royston Swimming Club at the Herts Schools' Championships and Herts Peanuts Leagues have resulted in many being selected for the North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships.
The selected swimmers are Christy Stubbs, who will swim in the under-11s girls 50m butterfly and medley relay, and Tom McGlynn and Tom Harrington, who will both compete in the under-11s boys freestyle relay.
Royston has never been as well represented at the prestigious championships and the young swimmers' success once again shows the importance of the partnerships between schools, teachers, coaches and link clubs.
The event will take place at Stevenage Swimming Pool this Friday.
Anyone interested in swimming for the club should contact Mr Clayson on 07743 841347.
Swimming nights take place on Mondays and Fridays between 6pm and 8pm.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
* Greneway's Year 5 and 6 swim team travelled to St Christopher School, Letchworth, for a return meet and each swimmer saw personal bests for the 25m race, with Christy Stubbs swimming brilliantly to break her own 25m Butterfly record.
The boys team scored 36 points to St Christopher's 44 in a thrilling competition and the girls scored 56 to the hosts 25 to leave Greneway edging overall 92 to St.Christopher's 69.