Success in the pool
THE recent successes of swimmers from Greneway and Royston Swimming Club at the Herts Schools Championships and Herts Peanuts Leagues have resulted in many being selected for the North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships. The s
THE recent successes of swimmers from Greneway and Royston Swimming Club at the Herts Schools' Championships and Herts Peanuts Leagues have resulted in many being selected for the North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships.
The selected swimmers are Christy Stubbs, who will swim in the under-11s girls 50m butterfly and medley relay, and Tom McGlynn and Tom Harrington, who will both compete in the under-11s boys freestyle relay.
Royston has never been as well represented at the prestigious championships and the young swimmers' success once again shows the importance of the partnerships between schools, teachers, coaches and link clubs.
The event will take place at Stevenage Swimming Pool this Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in swimming for the club should contact Mr Clayson on 07743 841347.
Swimming nights take place on Mondays and Fridays between 6pm and 8pm.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
* Greneway's Year 5 and 6 swim team travelled to St Christopher School, Letchworth, for a return meet and each swimmer saw personal bests for the 25m race, with Christy Stubbs swimming brilliantly to break her own 25m Butterfly record.
The boys team scored 36 points to St Christopher's 44 in a thrilling competition and the girls scored 56 to the hosts 25 to leave Greneway edging overall 92 to St.Christopher's 69.