Success in the pool
THE recent successes of swimmers from Greneway and Royston Swimming Club at the Herts Schools Championships and Herts Peanuts Leagues have resulted in many being selected for the North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships. The s
THE recent successes of swimmers from Greneway and Royston Swimming Club at the Herts Schools' Championships and Herts Peanuts Leagues have resulted in many being selected for the North Herts Primary Schools team in the Inter-District Championships.
The selected swimmers are Christy Stubbs, who will swim in the under-11s girls 50m butterfly and medley relay, and Tom McGlynn and Tom Harrington, who will both compete in the under-11s boys freestyle relay.
Royston has never been as well represented at the prestigious championships and the young swimmers' success once again shows the importance of the partnerships between schools, teachers, coaches and link clubs.
The event will take place at Stevenage Swimming Pool this Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone interested in swimming for the club should contact Mr Clayson on 07743 841347.
Swimming nights take place on Mondays and Fridays between 6pm and 8pm.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
* Greneway's Year 5 and 6 swim team travelled to St Christopher School, Letchworth, for a return meet and each swimmer saw personal bests for the 25m race, with Christy Stubbs swimming brilliantly to break her own 25m Butterfly record.
The boys team scored 36 points to St Christopher's 44 in a thrilling competition and the girls scored 56 to the hosts 25 to leave Greneway edging overall 92 to St.Christopher's 69.