Stylish end for champs
Thaxted Rangers U-11 1 Letchworth Eagles Yellows 5 CROW League Division Two champions Yellows wrapped up the season with a 5-1 win at Thaxted. For the last game of the season, the Yellows faced their nearest rivals in the division, Thaxted Rangers. How
Thaxted Rangers U-11 1
Letchworth Eagles Yellows 5
CROW League Division Two champions Yellows wrapped up the season with a 5-1 win at Thaxted.
For the last game of the season, the Yellows faced their nearest rivals in the division, Thaxted Rangers.
You may also want to watch:
However, with a first half display that bettered any other this season, they simply blew away the opposition.
The first 30 minutes showed us just how far they have come this season. They tackled, they passed, they moved into space, the played the ball wide, and they played the channels.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 10 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
Five goals of the highest quality from Fenton Hancock, Chris Moore, Caspar Courlander, Dan de Noijer, and Adam Morris.
As the teams came off for half time, it seemed a rout was on the cards,
In the second half, however, Thaxted played with renewed spirit, for which they and their coach should be commended.
They scored within the first five minutes, reminding the Yellows that no game is ever won until the final whistle.
No more goals were forthcoming in the second half as the Yellows slowly re-established control of the match, but there were several chances at either end.