Stunning bowling figures for Andy Morris
THRIPLOW did the double over Wilbrahams with Andy Morris capping off a stunning performance with the ball by claiming five wickets for just 11 runs. Batting first after winning the toss, opener Tippen struck Morris first ball through the covers for four
THRIPLOW did the double over Wilbrahams with Andy Morris capping off a stunning performance with the ball by claiming five wickets for just 11 runs.
Batting first after winning the toss, opener Tippen struck Morris' first ball through the covers for four but was not to know that the bowler would only concede seven more runs all afternoon as he and Andrew Woolley put an immediate strangle hold on the innings.
Fellow opener Moore played back three maidens and when he was caught and bowled by Woolley and Tippen fell to an excellent catch behind the wicket by Paul Staley off Morris, Wilbrahams were only 22-2 off 13 overs.
Crocombe then decided that aggression was the answer and despatched change bowlers Neild and Turner for a number of fours and sixes before Neild trapped him lbw for 55.
You may also want to watch:
Drake had batted steadily throughout the assault and he was supported by Gardner but the latter was bowled lbw to the returning Morris for 22 and this heralded a stunning collapse as from 160-4 Wilbrahams lost their last six wickets for only 15 runs.
Woolley (3-41) snapped up Drake (41) and Hall (2) via catches by Morris and Steve Hart, and at the other end Morris hit the stumps three times in five deliveries to finish with the stunning figures of 10-5-11-5.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
Sharp work by Hart ran out Elmer (26) and Wilbrahams had subsided to 175 all out.
Turner (2) fell early in Thriplow's reply but Staley and Giasemidis made batting look very easy as they saw off openers Drake and Saunders plus a succession of change bowling. Bothe reached half centuries and had taken the score to 142 when Giasemidis was out lbw for 54.
Staley (83) then failed by a couple of inches to clear long on and there was a small wobble when Tom Staley was caught for two but Chris Viner and Ed Russell both stroked 10 not out to see Thriplow home with four overs and six wickets to spare.