Struggle for Thriplow youngsters
A BELOW-PAR Thriplow third team went down against hard-working Sawston fourths on Saturday. Battting first, the young Thriplow players found runs hard to find against the accuracy of Sawton s Toner and Matthews. Thriplow soon found themselves three wick
A BELOW-PAR Thriplow third team went down against hard-working Sawston fourths on Saturday.
Battting first, the young Thriplow players found runs hard to find against the accuracy of Sawton's Toner and Matthews.
Thriplow soon found themselves three wickets down after some slack stroke play and as a result Mark Richer was soon at the crease.
Richer set about increasing the scoring rate, but Thriplow then lost Henry Baker at the other end.
You may also want to watch:
The fall of a wicket brought 13-year-old William Wright to the crease. Richer and Wright steadily put together a partnership of 57 before Richer was out for 28.
With the new batsmen supporting Wright, he pressed on to a well-earned 50, and finally fell on 58.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 5 How many people in our area have been 'pinged' by NHS COVID app?
- 6 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 9 Parents' tribute to caring community as they continue push for new specialist facilities
- 10 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
Running out of overs, Thriplow closed on a stuttering 138-6.
In reply, Sawston found the normally accurate bowling of Baker and Tom Care somewhat wayward, and openers Benson and Wetzl took full advantage, racing to 65 off 12 overs.
From then on Sawston did not look back, and though the introduction of Robert Craze and Callum Huntington slowed the Sawston scoring, Benson (77) finished off the innings after only 26 overs and left Thriplow defeated by six wickets.