Stripes sweep past Hurricanes
Knebworth Youth Stripes 2 Shephall United Hurricanes A 1 The Stripes started brightly with Kieran, Remi and Tom all having chances to score. Matthew brought the ball out of defence and played Remi through only for his shot to be saved by the Shephall k
Knebworth Youth Stripes 2 Shephall United Hurricanes A 1
The Stripes started brightly with Kieran, Remi and Tom all having chances to score.
Matthew brought the ball out of defence and played Remi through only for his shot to be saved by the Shephall 'keeper.
Remi was getting plenty of chances in the first half. Kieran played the ball in to Remi who just fired the ball wide of the Shephall goal. The breakthrough came after Remi won a free kick on the edge of the Shephall box.
Up stepped Kieran who hit a cracking free kick straight past the Shephall keeper into the top left hand corner to give the Stripes a well earned 1-0 lead.
The lads didn't sit back on this and continued to press. Tom Sharma came close to getting his second of the season and Taylor Bunn came very close to heading in a well delivered corner from Kieran. As the half came to a close Tom Sharma shot wide and the Stripes went in with a narrow 1-0 lead.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
The second half saw Remi recover from a knock he received in the first half and made a good run down the left wing and put in a tricky cross for the Shephall defence to deal with.
Tom and Josh both had shots and were continuing to put the Shephall defence under pressure.
The second goal came after good work from Kieran in the midfield, playing a lovely ball through to Tom Sharma to make it 2-0.
Taylor was causing the Shephall defence some problems, having a shot well saved by their 'keeper and then turning his man and playing a quality ball through to Remi. Debutant Harry was making some good runs down the right wing as well as coming up with some vital tackles when defending.
As the game was coming to a close a moment of hesitation while the Stripes were defending led to Shephall managing to poke the ball past Bradley in goal to make it 2-1.