Stripes sweep past Hurricanes
Knebworth Youth Stripes 2 Shephall United Hurricanes A 1 The Stripes started brightly with Kieran, Remi and Tom all having chances to score. Matthew brought the ball out of defence and played Remi through only for his shot to be saved by the Shephall k
Knebworth Youth Stripes 2 Shephall United Hurricanes A 1
The Stripes started brightly with Kieran, Remi and Tom all having chances to score.
Matthew brought the ball out of defence and played Remi through only for his shot to be saved by the Shephall 'keeper.
Remi was getting plenty of chances in the first half. Kieran played the ball in to Remi who just fired the ball wide of the Shephall goal. The breakthrough came after Remi won a free kick on the edge of the Shephall box.
You may also want to watch:
Up stepped Kieran who hit a cracking free kick straight past the Shephall keeper into the top left hand corner to give the Stripes a well earned 1-0 lead.
The lads didn't sit back on this and continued to press. Tom Sharma came close to getting his second of the season and Taylor Bunn came very close to heading in a well delivered corner from Kieran. As the half came to a close Tom Sharma shot wide and the Stripes went in with a narrow 1-0 lead.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The second half saw Remi recover from a knock he received in the first half and made a good run down the left wing and put in a tricky cross for the Shephall defence to deal with.
Tom and Josh both had shots and were continuing to put the Shephall defence under pressure.
The second goal came after good work from Kieran in the midfield, playing a lovely ball through to Tom Sharma to make it 2-0.
Taylor was causing the Shephall defence some problems, having a shot well saved by their 'keeper and then turning his man and playing a quality ball through to Remi. Debutant Harry was making some good runs down the right wing as well as coming up with some vital tackles when defending.
As the game was coming to a close a moment of hesitation while the Stripes were defending led to Shephall managing to poke the ball past Bradley in goal to make it 2-1.