Street-wise Ryan’s in the groove
RACING driver Ryan Lewis was on top form on Sunday, forcing his way from eighth on the grid to take second place in San Jose. It gave him his third podium since joining the Champ Car Atlantic Series earlier in the summer. Lewis made his move early on and
RACING driver Ryan Lewis was on top form on Sunday, forcing his way from eighth on the grid to take second place in San Jose.
It gave him his third podium since joining the Champ Car Atlantic Series earlier in the summer.
Lewis made his move early on and was up to third place after just six laps, making some good overtaking moves stick.
Team-mate Graham Rahal was ahead of him in second spot but contact with the wall put him back down the field and Ryan cruised home for a deserved podium finish.
You may also want to watch:
"I had a great time out there today," said the Royston driver.
"I'm really enjoying racing on street circuits.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
"Even though it was a little daunting at first I seem to have got the hang of it.
"The Mi-Jack Conquest team have had a great run of results this year, especially with Graham, so it feels good to be able to add some good results.
"I'm still struggling a bit with qualifying but I think I'm making good progress now.
"All in all, it was a fun race and I'm delighted with the result."
The next race is on the streets of Denver in a fortnight.