Stortford double sinks Ladies
Royston Ladies 1 Bishop s Stortford II 2 ROYSTON got off to a perfect start in their match at Stortford, with Sophie Gathercole shooting them into an early lead. However, it was not long before Bishop s Stortford equalised, and although Royston had
Royston Ladies 1 Bishop's Stortford II 2
ROYSTON got off to a perfect start in their match at Stortford, with Sophie Gathercole shooting them into an early lead.
However, it was not long before Bishop's Stortford equalised, and although Royston had a number of opportunities to regain the lead, they did not convert any of them.
And Stortford made them pay again in the second half, breaking away with speed and agility to score what proved to be the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Ladies II 3 Chess Valley II 2
LEADING goalscorer Lucy Davidson hit the winner as Royston maintained their 100 per cent record with victory over Chess Valley.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
The visitors took the lead with a close range strike which Ali Carroll almost kept out.
Parity was restored when Davidson crossed for Kate Nankivell to net her second of the season.
Another good cross saw Royston take a second half lead. This time it came from Kirsty Penfold, whose centre was converted by Louise Arnold.
Although Chess Valley got a second goal to level again, Davidson had the final say, embarking on a fine solo run and finishing confidently.
Royston Ladies III 0 Saffron Walden Ladies IV 4
ROYSTON slipped to defeat against a strong Saffron Walden side, with their chances few and far between.
Walden dominated from the off, yet despite their possession Royston fought until the end.
Heather Polge, Gemma Whitby, and Sarah Warren came close with a couple of Royston chances before the visitors rattled the Royston net.
However, some fine defending from Tash Ball, Teresa Smith, player-of-the-match Di Hassen, and goalkeeper Mel Harding managed to keep the scoreline down.
With Jo Pearce going off injured after a ball to the head in the first half, the ladies found it hard to come back.