Stortford double sinks Ladies
Royston Ladies 1 Bishop s Stortford II 2 ROYSTON got off to a perfect start in their match at Stortford, with Sophie Gathercole shooting them into an early lead. However, it was not long before Bishop s Stortford equalised, and although Royston had
Royston Ladies 1 Bishop's Stortford II 2
ROYSTON got off to a perfect start in their match at Stortford, with Sophie Gathercole shooting them into an early lead.
However, it was not long before Bishop's Stortford equalised, and although Royston had a number of opportunities to regain the lead, they did not convert any of them.
And Stortford made them pay again in the second half, breaking away with speed and agility to score what proved to be the winner.
You may also want to watch:
Royston Ladies II 3 Chess Valley II 2
LEADING goalscorer Lucy Davidson hit the winner as Royston maintained their 100 per cent record with victory over Chess Valley.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The visitors took the lead with a close range strike which Ali Carroll almost kept out.
Parity was restored when Davidson crossed for Kate Nankivell to net her second of the season.
Another good cross saw Royston take a second half lead. This time it came from Kirsty Penfold, whose centre was converted by Louise Arnold.
Although Chess Valley got a second goal to level again, Davidson had the final say, embarking on a fine solo run and finishing confidently.
Royston Ladies III 0 Saffron Walden Ladies IV 4
ROYSTON slipped to defeat against a strong Saffron Walden side, with their chances few and far between.
Walden dominated from the off, yet despite their possession Royston fought until the end.
Heather Polge, Gemma Whitby, and Sarah Warren came close with a couple of Royston chances before the visitors rattled the Royston net.
However, some fine defending from Tash Ball, Teresa Smith, player-of-the-match Di Hassen, and goalkeeper Mel Harding managed to keep the scoreline down.
With Jo Pearce going off injured after a ball to the head in the first half, the ladies found it hard to come back.