Storming round from trophy winner Little
- Credit: Archant
With just days to go before Royston Golf Club’s prize giving ceremony on Friday, Chris Little played a storming round in wet conditions on Sunday to win the Medal Winners Final and take the Trophy for 2013.
Playing against 26 monthly medal winners, Little returned a nett 67 off his seven handicap, heading off rivals, Gary Fortune, Darren Dawson and Stuart Hunt, in second, third and fourth by two strokes.
All four players received handicap adjustments with Little now off six, Fortune 13, Dawson 4.6 and Hunt 11.
The Junior Medal was won by George Sanders with 69 off his 18 handicap.
In second place was Matt Bailey with nett 73 followed by Ryan Sharp and Sam Chipperfield who both recorded nett 74 scores.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies Saturday Medal was won by Karen Pearson returning a nett 75.
The Thursday medal was won by Tom McGuigan with a nett 72.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown