Storming round from trophy winner Little
- Credit: Archant
With just days to go before Royston Golf Club’s prize giving ceremony on Friday, Chris Little played a storming round in wet conditions on Sunday to win the Medal Winners Final and take the Trophy for 2013.
Playing against 26 monthly medal winners, Little returned a nett 67 off his seven handicap, heading off rivals, Gary Fortune, Darren Dawson and Stuart Hunt, in second, third and fourth by two strokes.
All four players received handicap adjustments with Little now off six, Fortune 13, Dawson 4.6 and Hunt 11.
The Junior Medal was won by George Sanders with 69 off his 18 handicap.
In second place was Matt Bailey with nett 73 followed by Ryan Sharp and Sam Chipperfield who both recorded nett 74 scores.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies Saturday Medal was won by Karen Pearson returning a nett 75.
The Thursday medal was won by Tom McGuigan with a nett 72.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?