Storming round from trophy winner Little
- Credit: Archant
With just days to go before Royston Golf Club’s prize giving ceremony on Friday, Chris Little played a storming round in wet conditions on Sunday to win the Medal Winners Final and take the Trophy for 2013.
Playing against 26 monthly medal winners, Little returned a nett 67 off his seven handicap, heading off rivals, Gary Fortune, Darren Dawson and Stuart Hunt, in second, third and fourth by two strokes.
All four players received handicap adjustments with Little now off six, Fortune 13, Dawson 4.6 and Hunt 11.
The Junior Medal was won by George Sanders with 69 off his 18 handicap.
In second place was Matt Bailey with nett 73 followed by Ryan Sharp and Sam Chipperfield who both recorded nett 74 scores.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies Saturday Medal was won by Karen Pearson returning a nett 75.
The Thursday medal was won by Tom McGuigan with a nett 72.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes