Storm hits Bunty
Theydon XI v Buntingford XI PLAYING last year s Division One Champions, Buntingford gave a good account of themselves, but finished 21 runs short. Batting first, Theydon reached 208-9, with Storm hitting 75. Chris Chambers Jnr 32-2 and Dan Duff 45-3 starr
Theydon XI v Buntingford XI
PLAYING last year's Division One Champions, Buntingford gave a good account of themselves, but finished 21 runs short.
Batting first, Theydon reached 208-9, with Storm hitting 75.
Chris Chambers Jnr 32-2 and Dan Duff 45-3 starred as Buntingford looked to limit Theydon's damage.
In reply, Chambers Jnr's score of 53 put his side back on course. Most of his team mates got into double figures with Walker 34 and Chambers Snr hitting 20.
Buntingford finished on a credible 187-8, against a very impressive Theydon side.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
Buntingford Second XI v Thaxted
FOLLOWING on from their commanding win last week, Buntingford came crashing back down to earth with a defeat at the hands of Thaxted.
In batting first, Buntingford found the Thaxted bowlers mighty competition and after 25 overs they struggled reaching 39-4 and quickly began to lose wickets, managing only 99-9 off their 45 overs.
When it was their time, the Buntingford bowlers made an impressive start, by dismissing Thaxted's openers Grinham and Taylor without scoring.
They then made it 20-3 after McNamara made a brilliant catch, diving full-length.
However, Thaxted pulled together and did not concede another wicket until they reached 83. Despite Buntingford claiming another two wickets Wood saw Thaxted through to the end with a fine 54 not out.