Storm hits Bunty
Theydon XI v Buntingford XI PLAYING last year s Division One Champions, Buntingford gave a good account of themselves, but finished 21 runs short. Batting first, Theydon reached 208-9, with Storm hitting 75. Chris Chambers Jnr 32-2 and Dan Duff 45-3 starr
Theydon XI v Buntingford XI
PLAYING last year's Division One Champions, Buntingford gave a good account of themselves, but finished 21 runs short.
Batting first, Theydon reached 208-9, with Storm hitting 75.
Chris Chambers Jnr 32-2 and Dan Duff 45-3 starred as Buntingford looked to limit Theydon's damage.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Chambers Jnr's score of 53 put his side back on course. Most of his team mates got into double figures with Walker 34 and Chambers Snr hitting 20.
Buntingford finished on a credible 187-8, against a very impressive Theydon side.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Buntingford Second XI v Thaxted
FOLLOWING on from their commanding win last week, Buntingford came crashing back down to earth with a defeat at the hands of Thaxted.
In batting first, Buntingford found the Thaxted bowlers mighty competition and after 25 overs they struggled reaching 39-4 and quickly began to lose wickets, managing only 99-9 off their 45 overs.
When it was their time, the Buntingford bowlers made an impressive start, by dismissing Thaxted's openers Grinham and Taylor without scoring.
They then made it 20-3 after McNamara made a brilliant catch, diving full-length.
However, Thaxted pulled together and did not concede another wicket until they reached 83. Despite Buntingford claiming another two wickets Wood saw Thaxted through to the end with a fine 54 not out.