Storm hits Bunty
Theydon XI v Buntingford XI PLAYING last year s Division One Champions, Buntingford gave a good account of themselves, but finished 21 runs short. Batting first, Theydon reached 208-9, with Storm hitting 75. Chris Chambers Jnr 32-2 and Dan Duff 45-3 starr
Theydon XI v Buntingford XI
PLAYING last year's Division One Champions, Buntingford gave a good account of themselves, but finished 21 runs short.
Batting first, Theydon reached 208-9, with Storm hitting 75.
Chris Chambers Jnr 32-2 and Dan Duff 45-3 starred as Buntingford looked to limit Theydon's damage.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Chambers Jnr's score of 53 put his side back on course. Most of his team mates got into double figures with Walker 34 and Chambers Snr hitting 20.
Buntingford finished on a credible 187-8, against a very impressive Theydon side.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Buntingford Second XI v Thaxted
FOLLOWING on from their commanding win last week, Buntingford came crashing back down to earth with a defeat at the hands of Thaxted.
In batting first, Buntingford found the Thaxted bowlers mighty competition and after 25 overs they struggled reaching 39-4 and quickly began to lose wickets, managing only 99-9 off their 45 overs.
When it was their time, the Buntingford bowlers made an impressive start, by dismissing Thaxted's openers Grinham and Taylor without scoring.
They then made it 20-3 after McNamara made a brilliant catch, diving full-length.
However, Thaxted pulled together and did not concede another wicket until they reached 83. Despite Buntingford claiming another two wickets Wood saw Thaxted through to the end with a fine 54 not out.